Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check engine light back again. i am going to saturn tomorrow (sat) to get my car looked at, ecu reflash, and the bumper seems to be getting scratched by the trunk lid so gonna get that fixed also.

i first have to get that wire cover stuff from autozone or somewhere like that. i will let you guys know how it goes

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
good luck, i'm rootin' for you

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
what can they do about the bumper with the trunk lid is what I dont understand. They are going to scratch no matter what because of the design. Unless they adjust the trunk to be open a few mm more but that may look odd from a side profile.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Spooner and others - major problem - I just pulled my valve cover and the spark plug valley cover and painted them - going back together, I made sure the primary ground (right behind the oil cap) was secure, along with all the coil- on-plug assemblies - I didn't take anything else loose, except the main nut for the fuel rail, bleeding the rail after it went back together.

Now, the car won't start - it was a little low on fuel and at an angle in my driveway, so I put 5 gallons in it - NOTHING. It cranks, like with the crank sensor problem, only it won't catch, like it's out of gas.

I need some help, and any ideas would be appreciated - trying to get to a superbowl party tonight and work tomorrow...argh...

Please e-mail me at [email protected], since time is critical.

Thanks a bunch, Jim.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have read in a previous thread that someone had the same prob with the trunk scratching the bumper they re painted the bumper and realign the trunk if it keeps scratching they will keep painting i dont care

·
Registered
681 Posts
Figured it out - the wiring split-off for the #2 injector (from the right) was caught under the valve cover and one of the hold down bolts slightly cut the wire, causing a short to ground. I found this out when I started taking it all apart again, trying to figure out what I'd done.

Figured out it's REALLY easy to pull the fuel rail and injectors....had to splice the wires to the injector, fix them, shrink wrap them, etc....runs fine now.

So, if anyone wants to swap to bigger injectors, it's a breeze.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
I just pulled my valve cover and the spark plug valley cover and painted them - going back together,
Let me see some pictures of this I want to get mine power coated or something like that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
OK, I took photos, now how do I post them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts