Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
dannostl said:
that is the stock small ion-qc wheel
I know...it's hideous :rolleyes:. Least they could do is switch out for an QC 3 or RL steering wheel.

Still, I'd take it!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow now I know that I definatly wanna get the Carbon Fiber Interior it looks really nice :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm used to the small steering wheel, so I would've bought it. Maybe I should just buy a 04 ion qc 2 with sport package and turbocharge it to hit 260 hp.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
SLSduke82 said:
That IS quite nice. Except for that steering wheel.

Interesting--no hp or tq numbers. I wonder what it's running.
IIRC the SaturnMotorSports kit was set up to hit 220-230HP and stay CARB legal
It featured a log-style exhaust mani with a T2 flange mated to a relatively small Garrett charger and uses an additional injector in the inlet hood to deliver additional fuel under boost. There were no provisions for timing control other than the OE knock sensor system. It appeared to be a nice clean well thought out installation (and the carbon fibre inlet/filter housing was pretty trick looking) but didnt leave enough room for future expansion IMO.$3500
Regards
WopOnTour

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
It's really nice. I've seen it a few times..... :D

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Just one question about it: what's up with the tires in the bottom right picture? They are like demo tires, that show what's underneath the tread. Maybe it's cuz I'm from Florida and have never seen anything but a summer tire (we don't have "real" winters here), but, just looks wierd to me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's from the dealership I bought my RL from...haven't ever seen the car actually move at all but the system knocks pretty hard, lol.....and yes they are defintely the scorcher tires and they have blue stripes if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I drive by Saturn of Green Brook twice every day to and from work, should stop in and check it out. I still have yet to see a Redline on the street other than mine in NJ...well anywhere for that matter....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts