Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They tore my car apart today and I took a few pics. Check out the ones of the seats. Holy shit!!!

I don't mean to ramble on about my accident, sorry. :(

I guess my insurance adjuster is having problems finding part prices for the RL. As far as my car being totaled, it's borderline. My body shop guy said that when the FD ripped my driver's door off, that caused about $2000 in damage alone. I guess they like to use their big toys. Oh well.

Hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Man that accident looks bad alright, guess ure right about coming with everything but the driver side door :D
Seats look really mangled too..man what hit you?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Did your side air-bags deploy?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hit by a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire. He ran a red light doing about 50mph and T-boned me. I didn't have side air bags. I wish I would have though. I probably wouldn't have this concussion.

I have been having blurred vision and dizziness. It sucks. I have to go see a neurologist tomorrow. My primary doc said I had to.

You should see the roof. It's buckled a little and it was pushed up where the two DS doors meet. It's pretty tweaked. I'll tell you what saved my left leg and hip was that support bar Saturn puts on the bottom of the door. That thing is strong. It's bent, but it held up good. I saw it at the shop.

Man, I keep thinking of how lucky I am. I also noticed what I think the other guy did. He had just enough time to swerve a little towards my rear. If he hadn't have done that, I would be in seriously bad shape, if not dead.

Lucky, lucky, lucky. :D

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Thank a Higher Power(being politically correct) you did'nt get killed. But from what I understand the seats are 1400K each, between the guy who hit you & the FD a lot of damage can be done.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is your hip really bruised? Glad you didn't break it or anything, you'd be bed ridden for awhile. Anyways, I don't have side airbags and don't care to have them (can't put a pillar guage pod on ;) ) I know what you mean about the concussion and dizziness. Just to let you know, I got hit like 4.5 years ago and got a concussion. To this day I still can't eat breakfast, I'll throw up...

Tom

·
Registered
810 Posts
dang man, im just glad your okay. looks like that pillar really saved your life

·
Registered
134 Posts
glad you made it out ok, but with a unibody car as soon as the roof is crinkled like that, the car is usually never the same, i have many body guys in my family and they agree. For your sake i hope they total it out for you and you can get a new shiny one. Good luck with everything

·
Registered
42 Posts
but I find these pictures quite disturbing
I personally find it refreshing. To see the car look like that and him only have few bruises and a concussion, thats good news to me.

Glad to hear your ok and good luck with the insurance co.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like possible frame damage, you may not want to hear it but you should hope they total it. Better to start off with a clean slate.

Very glad you came out alright - from the pictures you showed of the car before they tore it up, and from these, looks like it could have been much, much worse.

Do you have any pics of the door, or did it get lost in the action somewhere?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have the door at the shop, what's left of it. It's wasted. I'll try and get pics of it. I am hoping for a total loss.

Of course, they don't offer any more rebates or incentives for the 04's. I am pissed!!! My brother just bought a black 2004 RL with 60 miles on it. Loaded, except XM. I think he paid over 20K after taxes.

I am not waiting for the 05 Comp. Package. I want another RL NOW!!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'd be wishing that they'd total the car. think about it...if they don't you'll have to wait possibly months to get your car back and then if you ever decide to part ways with it it'll show up as having a major accident and you won't be able to get spit for it.

just my opinion though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey man im the kid that was with adam when we met at the mall. Sorry about the car man hope everything comes out ok. Good thing your ok tho like Adam said that piller looks like it did a good job savin you.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, man. I appreciate the concern. I am sure hoping for a total loss. I just wouldn't be comfortable driving a car that had a bent frame like that.

And yes, I thought about the resale end. I wouldn't think anyone would want a car that had been in a major accident, if I decided to trade it in or sell it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
yeah id feel bad too...unless they really did a good job. But lets hope for the best..HOPEFULLY IT GETS TOTALED

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw the other guy's car. What a mess. It seems I was wrong in my assumtion that he turned away from me in the accident. The damage on his car is on the right front, which would mean that the idiot TURNED INTO ME!!!

That's right, TURNED INTO ME. What a moron.

I must be REALLY lucky. The more I think about it, it just blows me away. I don't even have the words anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Man still thats a yukky poopoo mess you have there. If possible you should really try to keep it. Im sure it still has some good wheels on it possibly brake parts motor - drivetrain. If your buying a new one ASAP I would reccomend it so you can literally beat the crap out of it. you blow a motor no big deal.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts