Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
You talk a lot of shit for not "trolling". I've done some checking also and the RL calssed with the SRT-4. We have our opinion and yours is yours. You gould drive a Ferrari and get beat by an AMC Pacer. Don't like the talk, stay on your side of the fence and don't clain to be innocent in your observations. I'm sure there are a lot of sissy boards that you could have a lot more fun at.

Take your ego to the EVO forum and talk all the trash you want.

Have a nice day!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
not to like yell back or anything because i agree with you to some extent but the thing with the Supercharger and the pully, factory turbos also have there limits and if u want to go past them u are gonna have to buy a new turbo and last time i looked into a turbo they are not the cheapest things in the world either. i understand what u are saying that we are technically not in the league with the evo, and sti and such but that is because they are all wheel drive and we will never be able to beat a evo with a good drive both stock, but not everyone has a stock car. i think that we are in the league with the srt tho and even tho they come from the factory with more HP and TQ it does not mean they are out of our league we just need more aftermarket support. I have a vid on my computer of a dodge caravan beating a z28 camaro, and i know that a caravan would never be in the league of a z28 but thats really what i like about my car the most because everyone thinks its just a "little saturn" untill they drive next to me. grant it i have raced vettes knowin i didnt have a chance but ya know what most of the people i race at the next light roll down there window and say "wow man nice car, is that a saturn" basically what i am saying is you are rite we are not in the same league as the srt's and the evos stock but is your car stock? and how much longer is my car gonna be stock, NOT FOR LONG. and you want to send me a link to the forum you are at and let me read some of the kill stories that are posted there, bet you some people on there have high hopes of being able to keep up with cars that are faster than what they drive now. ok i am done, sorry if this came out mean man i really like the evo's just could not afford them. and step dad works for GM so he would kill me if a bought a jap car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Touche' Navy. But, by the way, and I'll have to find the site again, but by factory specs, the SRT-4 only had 1 second on the factory RL. Doesn't leave a whole lot of error margin on the part of the SRT-4 driver.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is getting stupid. I come here to read about news and mods and I have to read this crap.

He even started it by saying "Im not trolling" while he's trolling.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
How much does it cost to maintain those Evo's? I was reading into it and you guys are spending 7-10g's A YEAR EXTRA to keep your car in tact and performing right. All this is spent with oil changes, tire changes, tune ups, and also a couple of other pricier fix ups, can't remember off the top of my head right now. Our cars we just have to pretty much worry about basic services that are no where near how much you have to pay to keep your car maintained. If you want me to look at where I found this, I'll be happy to look, but I'm too lazy right now. I'm sure if you're in the market to spend the money on the EVO or STI, you can afford to pay these tune ups. But some people that want these cars and get them aren't really expecting the cost of maintanence for their rides until they actually get them. Hope you have money sir. I do agree that we're playing with fire if we want to race you guys though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
mammoth said:
if you all did some research, youd realize, that your catgory, is more of a acura rsx, honda, civic si, if you want to play with forced induction go play with an eclipse gst, or maybe a mazdaspeed protege
LMAO @ This Part!!! Shit, I have a '93 Saturn SL2, yes it's a four door w/ 175K miles on it and the engine (not Motor) is completely stock, never been rebuilt or as much as opened. Just some Bolt-Ons and these cars you mention that are in "Their League" can't even run w/ me! Uhmm, thanks for the good laugh!

Oh and I am trollin...for some Si's, GSt's, RSx's *insert evil grin here*

·
Registered
26 Posts
weasel_j66 said:
Touche' Navy. But, by the way, and I'll have to find the site again, but by factory specs, the SRT-4 only had 1 second on the factory RL. Doesn't leave a whole lot of error margin on the part of the SRT-4 driver.
1 second is a big differance. But you are right its SRT-4s driver who has a much smaller margin for error than than say an evo or sti. I personally think the RL is in the same market as the srt-4 and I like it and the cobalt. I think its great there is more american muscle on the streets. Also an SRT-4 with stage one from a roll will easily hang with an evo or sti. I don't see why the RL shouldn't either with some good mods. The point is you can't just settle with what you got, you gotta go after the big dogs.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
RL's keep up or can take a STOCK EVO/STI from a roll. I've kept up with 2 evo's and 1 sti from a roll. Look at the specs of all 3 cars from a roll you will see they are equal. But yes EVO/STI are faster cars. Just saying from a roll we are almost the same.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
mammoth said:
Im not trolling, I think its so funny that you all sit here and talk about how you killed an srt-4 , me personally, i own an 04 evolution, if you all did some research, youd realize, that your catgory, is more of a acura rsx, honda, civic si, if you want to play with forced induction go play with an eclipse gst, or maybe a mazdaspeed protege, but the evo, sti, srt---- commom gentelman your playing with fire and your gonna get burned, maybe its just cause your racing neon sxt"s, now im not saying theres no way, you can beat an srt-4 cause we have plenty of bad drivers, i must agree, if i didnt make alot of money id probably settle for a redline to, not bashing you just giving you a reality check, my only complaint is your supercharged so your limited to buying a pulley, or a $3000 bigger supercharger and hope to get high 13s, we spend 3 grand on the big boy cars, were looking at 12s or maybe high 11s, so dont trade your car in keep it its a nice little car, my point is stay in your league not ours., please dont give me hell for this, once again im not a troll just get your research straight and dont forget what your driving, and yes i know i drive an expensive lancer but c"mon could you really get mad at almost 300hp and all wheel drive? and mine was only $23,900 , and in case your wondering, i checked out pretty much every force induced car,RL was 18000, srt was 22900, sti was 31000, so i came out pretty good, but i guess the statement is true that you get what you pay for

EH, I never heard of anyone buying a EVO8 for less than $29k. But, i live in the bay area so maybe it cost more here because of demand. Oh yeah if you are a car junkie you would know that a Redline is not in the same class as a civic si or acura rsx. You cant compare a naturally aspirated car with a forced induction car. They are not in the same class, just like in pro car races they seperate NA and turbo cars in different races because guess what numb nuts?! THEY ARE IN DIFFERENT CLASSES. Oh yeah, dont compare DSM's (talon/eclipse/laser turbo's) to honda's. THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS EITHER. I guess you havent seen the 348234832842834 DSM 4G63T 1st gen and 2nd gen's that are AWD and 400hp+ easily. my .02 cents.

·
Registered
104 Posts
SRT4FURY said:
1 second is a big differance. But you are right its SRT-4s driver who has a much smaller margin for error than than say an evo or sti. I personally think the RL is in the same market as the srt-4 and I like it and the cobalt. I think its great there is more american muscle on the streets. Also an SRT-4 with stage one from a roll will easily hang with an evo or sti. I don't see why the RL shouldn't either with some good mods. The point is you can't just settle with what you got, you gotta go after the big dogs.
Now that is a "non-trolling" statement from a SRT owner (I'm guessing) to whom there could be an intellegent conversation with. mammoth..that a lesson.

Fury, you are right, when it gets down to it, 1 second is a big difference when you are running head to head and trying to beat another car on equal grounds. Me, I'm not a professional racer so for someone like me going against an "equal or slightly less than equal" would be disasterious if I had a 1 second "fault". That's all I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
808 Posts
base price on the evo from there web site is $28499

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh well, 'mammoth' is now on my "Ignore" list. 'Mammoth'... a wooly, extinct beast with poor intelligence, large tusks and bad breath... guess it fits.

·
Registered
416 Posts
BlckRdln04 said:
I love how we havn't seen any more posts from mammoth.. i guess he realized that we arnt going to take his crap
Even if he really did get his used Evo from a junkyard after it was totalled, I guarantee you if I spent 5.5k (the difference in cost between my car and his) I will also be at 300 hp. And that would include the LDS. Yeah, pretty much we'd be just as fast guaranteed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts