Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, anyone from the Chicago area want to set up a good day to hit up a drag strip? I'm not one for dragging, but I'm down for a good group outing now that it's nice out. I'm pretty sure that most of the places open this, or next weekend. I'm also going to be headed to Blackhawk Farms April 9th or 10th for some road racing, test and tune/practice for this weekend. Mainly practice, I'm sure there's no competition yet.

I know there are a few of us in here, this includes you guys that are close enough to make the trip! (Michiganders, this mean you!) I know as far as drag strips go we have one in Joliet and the Chicagoland Speedway, and one in Union Grove, just over the Wisconsin border.

Let me know if anyone is interested in making the trip, I'm not going alone, that's foe damn sure! I need someone there to make me feel better about the horrible launch that is inevitable the first time I line up. My guess is a redlight launch the first time, followed by a horrible reaction time, followed by another red light. Sound right to you guys with experience?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, no one around here looking to saddle up?? Come on ya'll!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm definately up for it, just not this weekend, becuase i'm droping like 1500 in my car for my b-day on the 24th, but after that day. Nothing would make me happier than to meet up.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm down for a quick drag strip run in about two weeks it would seem. I'd like to get the K&N intake on before, but I'm not that concerned about it... I'll check on the drag strip days right now and get back...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm Chicago area... but I have a major project going on that will require me to be working at corporate HQ (Southfield MI) each weekend-thru-Tuesdays until May 7th/8th...

·
Registered
138 Posts
im going for the first day of test and tune at route 66 speedway in joliet a nyone is welcome to come

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
This entire MONTH is bad; however, as summer draws nearer, I will a) be more apt to travel, and b) want to race my car more. So possibly when I get out of school in May and work & shit settle down, I can make the haul. This weekend is sketchy. Maybe when I make it out there somebody can show me how to launch my car right for best acceleration/least wheelspin. I haven't driven a stick in 2 years and getting the hang of it back is . . . daunting. 710 miles and pulling though!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Spooner,

Yes us Michigan guys (and gals as the case may be) are always interested in the going ons of our windy city bretheren. If you guys find yourselves on our side of the lake let us know. Any of us going to Wisconson is a long ass drive due to the big F'ing lake we have to drive around. (and don't mention the ferry it is 5 hours and $85). But keep us posted and make sure to check out the Mich thread if it pops up. If I find anything mutually benificial to all of us I will post it in both.

Have fun, and be safe
Dave P

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I don't have a redline but if there is a meet, preferbly at a strip, I would be game. I don't mind getting my ass handed to me by a car that I know is faster and I want. Just be shure to post when at least a week and a half early so I can take a day off work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts