Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
If I was you I would hold off on getting tuned for E85 until spring time. I say that because that is when you will see true E85 instead of the E70 that you get at the pumps now. So if you get tuned now you will need to get retuned again come spring/summer time. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
35 Posts
I'm not to to far away when I am not at my parents place. I generally just tune friends and stuff but if you wanted me to help you out I could. If you drive out to me I will do whatever your looking for. I have a tvs 2.9 e85 car so I definitely know what I am doing. You have to have 80lbers or 1000cc injectors and a wideband otherwise I won't tune you :)

·
Banned
35 Posts
As people have said the fuel in the winter time is different then it is in the sumertime, however if you wanted a winter tune and a summer tune I am sure I could set you up with that without an issue man. Toss me a pm and we can discuss things and I am sure you will end up happy man :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im well aware of all the things that go along with e-85. But appreciate the input. Yeah as far as the whole not getting an optimal use out of the pumps is probably the biggest thing holding me up.

I thought about hptuners but dont know the first thing about to be honest. Lots of graphs and charts. And reading lol. I should probably look into it.

Does anyone know how hard of a hit does the mpg take on e85 I heard about half but I figured a good tune should change that?

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
To run E85, you will use about 30% more fuel. Meaning your fuel economy will go down by 30%. So on a Mile per gallon sense, it will go down.

But your cost will also go down. Depending where you buy your fuel, your cost could be 25%-40% less. So you MPG will go down and so will your Cost Per Mile.

I am from Green Bay but I was in Chicago twice last week! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So its almost the same thing price wise basically maybe a little better on e-85 but more horse power so sounds worth it to me.

·
Banned
35 Posts
It's not to bad by any means price difference wise. I forget what I was getting to a tank on e85, but I know it was over 200 miles to a tank, and on 93 I get over 300 to a tank.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Also acu4redline, I would like to say make sure that you do your research on tuners. There have been many horror stories with bad tuners so make sure you talk to others that have been tuned by tuners and find the best one for you. Always ask lots of questions. The reason I say this is because one of the biggest scam tuners ever is from your area. Your first question to tuners in your area is what is your name?. If his name is Zach run as fast and as far away as you can.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Also acu4redline, I would like to say make sure that you do your research on tuners. There have been many horror stories with bad tuners so make sure you talk to others that have been tuned by tuners and find the best one for you. Always ask lots of questions. The reason I say this is because one of the biggest scam tuners ever is from your area. Your first question to tuners in your area is what is your name?. If his name is Zach run as fast and as far away as you can.
Oh the irony in this thread!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Oh the irony in this thread!!! :rofl:
Thats exactly why I posted it. What newbie comes into any forum and immediately claims to know all and offers to tune cars. Then when Eric confronted him about it he said I am not tuning cars anymore but yet he still offered this guy. To the OP this is exactly the kind of thing I was warning you about. Make sure to check out a few different tuners before you acctually choose one.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I like your style sir :D

Yes OP just be careful and find a reputable tuner. If GMRedline is in your area I would highly recommend him

·
Registered
156 Posts
dont run away! beat his ass then call everyone you know with a cobalt/ion in the area then conduct a beat down while making a video for us to watch...just sayn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts