1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
487 Posts
Check out Blackhawk Farms, Gingerman Raceway, and Putnam Park for road racing.

CIR is the region for us for autox, and there are TONS of events in the chicago area

·
Registered
487 Posts
The CenDiv Solo II Championship Series 2005 Schedule

Mar 12 Spring Training, Andersen Logistics, Indianapolis, IN.

June 4-5 Grissom Aeroplex - Peru, IN

Jun 18-19 Wurtsmith Airport - Oscoda, MI

Jul 10 Great Lakes Tech Centre, Flint, MI

Jul 23-24 Grissom Aeroplex - Peru, IN

Aug 28 Route 66 Raceway Joliet Il

Sep 3-4 Rantoul/Chanute AFB

Oct 1-2 River Downs Horse Track Cinncinati, OH

Nov 5 Awards Banquet/Cendiv Solo 2 Meetings, Ft. Wayne, IN.

CenDiv Solo II Divisional Championship
Aug 13-14 Grissom Aeroplex - Peru, IN.

CenDiv Area National Tours
Jun 11-12 Toledo Express Airport
Jul 2-3 Grissom Aeroplex - Peru, IN

Cendiv Area Pro Solo's
Aug 6-7 Toledo Express Airport
Jun 25-26 Oscoda/Wurtsmith Airport, Oscoda, MI

http://www.solo2.cendiv-scca.org/2005/2005.htm

The closer ones have been bolded.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you're a member? I looked up the registration info before, and it seemed like I had to join a car club that was affiliated with the SCCA to join, now it seems like I just send in the form. Is that right, just fill 'er out and send 'er in? What about the training classes and that kind of stuff? I seem to remember some drivers school, I think it was required(?) for newbies. Not sure, any info you can give me is MUCH appreciated. I can't wait to get on a course where I can just GO OFF. Unlike a lot of folks, I LOVE blasting into the corner, cutting the apex, and screaming out with the pedal down. Get me all amped up just typing it!

Also, what safety equp? Just the helmet right? You dont have to repeat anything that's on their web site I guess, I can go there again, any insider info is great though. Thanks man.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
487 Posts
no ya dont have to be in the SCCA to run at events

I wasnt last year and ran in the local stuff.

Just a M class helmet is required, and a car that doesnt spew fluids.

Going to a drivers school is always a good idea, as tracktime is the best way to get better. The one down here in Urbana-Champaign(its held in rantoul) will be the first or second week of March I beleive. I will keep ya up to date if I can, or you could register at www.centralillinoisimports.org

Its not all imports, hell I run the damned board and I drive a 97 SC2, but lots of the CIR SCCA guys post and we keep it as up to date as possible for autocross stuff!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the club racing? Is that similar? One car on a trace, racing against the clock? I would prefer that over the tight autox courses. Just was browsing at the SCCA site, and realized that was the class I was sooo interested in. So if I wanted to hit up Road America or Blackhawk farms on a Saturday afternoon, could I just show up and drive? That's what I'm interested in at this point, scores are good and all, but I'm more interested in having fun than beating the hell outta people. That will come with time!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dunno much about club racing, was reading some on it earlier today

I wanna do it, but dunno about classing and you might need a license for that

I watch the local track schedule and so do my friends to find open days from other clubs to tag along with.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
how close to chicago is all of this? i guess i can check up on what's up here either way

·
Registered
487 Posts
Joleit and Peru should be an hour or less

Rantoul is 2 hours south

BLackhawk is 1.5hrs tops, same for Gingerman, I think its liek 3.5 to Putnam Park

no clue for Road America

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to run road courses, that's my plan. I want to use this car, until my Camaro is done and then run that 90% of the time. If people are interested, we need to get some planning done and hit up the courses around here as much as possible. I've been waiting for 5 years to do this. I would also like to do some AutoX, but mainly one car at a time road racing. Hopefully we can get some of the more exp members here to help out with some planning and any of the needed paper work and reservation type information. I am more than happy to take responsibility for coordinating, but do not know all the info that I need to know. I believe the first step I need to take, and most other people, is joining the SCCA first. That really opens some possible doors to us. Next, I really need someone that is familiar with the rules and categories of all this stuff. Solo, Solo II, etc, etc. I have read through alot of the SCCA documentation, and it makes me feel like an idiot in some parts.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
I know what you mean I read over some of this too, and some of the classes are confusing. Which is why I'd like to go back to Skip Barber & take the three day racing course. It's about 1700K but well worth it. Then join the SCCA.

·
Registered
117 Posts
haunter said:
I dunno much about club racing,.
I can help you with that. The Saturn Performance Club sponsors a '94 SC2 in the SCCA's ITA class.

We'll be running in the Chicago Region's regional race July 30-31 as a part of our 8th Annual Summer Rally.

More info can be found here: http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com/rally.html

Also, we're renting the Autobhan Country Club for the Friday before the race - you can bring your car out and drive it harder than you ever can on the streets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts