Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work in my new 04 redline when a dropped civic hatchback pulled up next to me and start reving his engine. He had HUGE muffler that started spitting out black smoke. The kind of smoke that James Bond would use to produce a smoke screen. I figured id show him how shitty his car really is when the light changed. I blew the kid away and he never got a chance to cloak my car in his ozone destroying exhuast.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Some civics can hang or beat us. I know of a handful of civic's in the 13's and a few in the 12's. Go at it with a civic hatchback w/ a B-series swap and bolt on's I bet the story will be different.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but look at all the work they have to do just to compete with a stock saturn.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
dL_RL said:
Some civics can hang or beat us. I know of a handful of civic's in the 13's and a few in the 12's. Go at it with a civic hatchback w/ a B-series swap and bolt on's I bet the story will be different.
Yea, or I could go at the ones that I see everyday with my STOCK Saturn... how about if one of those with the swap comes after a Redline with a small block? Hell, I've seen 20 yr old Toyotas run the 1/4 mile in amazing times, with something as simple as a FULL ENGINE SWAP!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Yea, or I could go at the ones that I see everyday with my STOCK Saturn... how about if one of those with the swap comes after a Redline with a small block? Hell, I've seen 20 yr old Toyotas run the 1/4 mile in amazing times, with something as simple as a FULL ENGINE SWAP!
Well if you wanna get technical. RL 17k + small black conversion = 22k

92-95 civic hatch $300 + 5k for swap that leaves him with 16.7k to spend on his hatch. I am pretty sure i could make a fast civic with 17k left to spend on the motor.

In theory he is running a stock civic with some light mods (I/H/E) Those engines are found in those models of cars, just not here in the states. You lighten anything up to 2000 pounds and put 200 horses in it and its gunna be fast. On the Street its run what you brung. There is no "well sence he spent 7k on his shit then that means its not a fair race cause i didn't spend 7k" Run what you brung. You get beat you get beat, Don't get too cocky just cause you got some FI, it happened with the Srt-4 guys it doesn't need to happen to SS/RL.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm just pointing out the fact that if you have an unlimited performance range, you can go back and forth all day. The 'spirit' of the original poster, was that regular Civics, with average mods, gets beat. Of course if you start talking engine swaps, and all that stuff, you're getting WAY above and beyond what he was talking about...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Civics aren't made to compete: they're Civics (read: basic transportation/economy cars). Now can they be made fast? Well duh, but so can ANYTHING; it's just that there are more Civics out there than there are blades of grass in the MidWest, so you tend to hear about more modified Civics than any other car.

If you can make a Civic fast, you can make anything fast. Fast Civic = played out.

Now yes, I'm sure I'll get the whining of "Well fast muscle cars are played out and everywhere." Well yes, they're common, but they're made to be fast outta the box. EVERYONE modifies Civics. They're everywhere, so seeing one is nothing special. Again, fast civic = big deal. If they can make that Civic fast, they can make anything fast, so the fast Civic is nothing to wow about when there's as many of them out there as there are riced out ones.

If the kid chose to modify something not usually modified (I don't mean intake and exhaust, I mean modified to mid 14's or better), then that's one thing, but to see the typical farting Civic? Yawn. Fast or not, it's just another one out of 10 million.

·
Registered
190 Posts
TransAm52804 said:
Civics aren't made to compete: they're Civics (read: basic transportation/economy cars). Now can they be made fast? Well duh, but so can ANYTHING; it's just that there are more Civics out there than there are blades of grass in the MidWest, so you tend to hear about more modified Civics than any other car.

If you can make a Civic fast, you can make anything fast. Fast Civic = played out.

Now yes, I'm sure I'll get the whining of "Well fast muscle cars are played out and everywhere." Well yes, they're common, but they're made to be fast outta the box. EVERYONE modifies Civics. They're everywhere, so seeing one is nothing special. Again, fast civic = big deal. If they can make that Civic fast, they can make anything fast, so the fast Civic is nothing to wow about when there's as many of them out there as there are riced out ones.
That is so damn true. I'm very tired of seeing all of these Civics around here with a million things done to them because they still look exactly the same as the next one with "everything" done to it. They're a very tired, worn out car IMO!

By the way, it's nice to finally have someone else from Iowa on here, too bad you don't own an RL! LOL Seriously though, I have all kinds of respect for the WS6's. My friend owned one, but recently it was sideswiped and totalled while it was sitting in his driveway! Very sad story.

·
Registered
150 Posts
^ My thoughts exactly. Every single modified Civic I see is the exact same one as the last one, except sometimes a different nasty color combo with kiddy colorings.. I mean decals/graphics all over the thing.

PS: that SUCKS about your friends T/A. It's one thing to wreck while driving whether your fault or not... but to have your pride and joy TOTALLED while sitting in your driveway? God I'd kill the person who caused it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most the of the time when I see a riced out honda they will rev at me when they are going the other way down the street. When I pull up to them at stoplights and they don't do shit. It seems to me that these honda kids drive hondas more as a lifestyle than an actual performance car. And don't get into the engine swap garbage. If you really want to swap an engine check out the early 90s RX-7s with LS1 engine swaps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
SRT4FURY said:
If you really want to swap an engine check out the early 90s RX-7s with LS1 engine swaps.
Everytime I see a vid of one of those, I'm more and more impressed. The LS1 does wonders in such a light car such as the RX-7 (big fan of RX-7s, engine swapped or stock, doesn't matter, here).

·
Banned
189 Posts
One time this riced out civic hatch pulled up next to me.I thought i was gonna give him a beating turn out he had a b18 swap with a turbo the kid was cool though he ran a 12.7.So needless to say i got my ass handed to me.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Don't hate me. But there is a lot of Hate going on here. You guys race someone and when you beat them you go around saying how much they and their car sux. Y??? They are Tuners just like us. I am not a fan of Civics either its not a true Honda. Honda can make a great Sports and race car (S2000, NSX ) Post your kills and let it be. especially for people who you beat that read the post. like some of the SRT-4 guys. The SRT-4 is a good car too I driven it too. It doesn't handle like the Redline but Chrysler did a good job with the car. I love my RL and I think its a great car, but I am not going to talk smack when I race a civic or skittle or any other car. Its cool to have pride and be happy about, but Y put people down

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
You beat one Civic. That doesn't mean that NO Civics can hang with us.

I know of some Civics that are pushing 400 hp and would hand me my ass on a silver platter.

Good kill and I know that most of these so-called "Honda Tuners" have nothing more than fancy rims, paint, and maybe an intake or exhaust to go with that HUGE wing, but one day, you might just run into a REAL Honda tuner.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
my friend ross has a civic hatch H22 engine form honda CRV every bolr on possible and port/polish fuel managment, and electronics! he is faster then STI

beat one by 10 to 12 car lengths on highway :p (11.2 second car) <- best time stock tires burnout first 3 gears. but now his car is in shop blew the axles :rolleyes: he weighs about 1900 pounds or less nothing but chassis, engine, and seats (front)

Me ill stick to my supercharged beauty :D

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
To everone who is dissing honda's, where are you from? I'm from the bay area, Cali. Where the import scene pretty much started in the US. There are tons and tons of honda's that can compete. If your from a smaller town, I can see why you dont see them.

YES! there are a billion civics! yes alot are ricey! doesnt mean all are though. I know there is alot of people on the forum who diss on imports, but you obviously dont see the fast clean one's then. Dont get cocky. Dont flame me just because I'm defending the import scene.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
OH YEAH! If you have never owned a import or tried to modify a import or know nothing about modifying imports. Then dont talk trash! I dont talk trash about cars I know nothing of, you shouldnt either.

·
Registered
150 Posts
dL_RL said:
OH YEAH! If you have never owned a import or tried to modify a import or know nothing about modifying imports. Then dont talk trash! I dont talk trash about cars I know nothing of, you shouldnt either.
Have owned imports, modified them, and am still glad I went the route I did.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts