Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the car as used on May 13. While waxing the passenger side of the front bumper (I guess that's what you would call it), I noticed that the wax was not going on as smoothly as the rest of the car. I got to looking closely at it and there either isn't any clear coat on that side of the bumper or it's just not as thick as it should be, almost as if the painting didn't take that last swing back because it's also missing in the inside of the indention for that plastic mesh patterned piece and also from that side of the middle air dam. It's really noticable now that the rest of the car is all shiny. Does the warranty cover this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
possibly but if you bought it used you will have to see if there was any factory warranty on it , or check to see if it was in a front end collision and it has been repainted if this is the case the factory warr. may not apply
it sound as if there may have been maybe a scratch or something there and maybe they had someone like carsmetics or like them try to fix it. when i painted i saw this all the time. not saying thats 100% but it is a possiblity

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
loreg said:
I just purchased the car as used on May 13. While waxing the passenger side of the front bumper (I guess that's what you would call it), I noticed that the wax was not going on as smoothly as the rest of the car. I got to looking closely at it and there either isn't any clear coat on that side of the bumper or it's just not as thick as it should be, almost as if the painting didn't take that last swing back because it's also missing in the inside of the indention for that plastic mesh patterned piece and also from that side of the middle air dam. It's really noticable now that the rest of the car is all shiny. Does the warranty cover this?

Thanks in advance.

I am a certified painter and yes it is covered. Is the spots rough like fine sandpaper or what you would call dry looking. If it is that pretty strange to hear from the factory usually it is just has alot of orange peel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
zfactor said:
possibly but if you bought it used you will have to see if there was any factory warranty on it , or check to see if it was in a front end collision and it has been repainted if this is the case the factory warr. may not apply

Dammit, you beat me to it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
sorry two people typing at the same time..........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sinister redlines said:
I am a certified painter and yes it is covered. Is the spots rough like fine sandpaper or what you would call dry looking. If it is that pretty strange to hear from the factory usually it is just has alot of orange peel.

Yes, that's what it's like, it even made a rubbing/friction noise like I was using sandpaper instead of wax.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, tell me about it, I was washing the front of mine with the power washer and blew about a square inch of paint right off!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
my dealer has said that a few people have had this problem but i do not believe there is a tsb on it. check with them as long as none of the above i have stated applies if not they should cover it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zfactor, thanks for the information. It looks like it's going in in the morning, this time the husband experienced the difficult start. He hadn't believed me until it happened to him :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts