Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the CEL on. How long do you need to pull the fuse for. Or is it better to disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I've reset mine about 8 times now by disconnecting the negative battery cable for about 30 minutes or thereabouts.

unfortunately the light comes back on after 30-40 minutes of driving.

The car is back in the shop tomorrow, they are going to take their third crack at it, the last time in they mumbled something about replacing the catalytic converter,
we shall see.......

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My roommate's old Kia would pop the CEL for the gas cap, every time.

I've not yet been able to clear the CEL when it comes of for me. I'm not sure why that is. I've pulled everything possible and the damn thing stayed on. Maybe that was just the particular one that I set? It also went off on it's own and stayed off.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sp00ner said:

I've not yet been able to clear the CEL when it comes of for me. I'm not sure why that is. I've pulled everything possible and the damn thing stayed on. Maybe that was just the particular one that I set? It also went off on it's own and stayed off.
I checked the gas cap, nope thats not the problem. I am taking it in for service to clear it and find out what the code is that it put out. I have a feeling it it the 2lean from having the CAI on.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
wolfie said:
I checked the gas cap, nope thats not the problem. I am taking it in for service to clear it and find out what the code is that it put out. I have a feeling it it the 2lean from having the CAI on.
How long has it been on, and has it turned off at all? First time on? Mine went on and off for about a week or so, mainly off. Now, it's been gone for quite sometime...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sp00ner said:
How long has it been on, and has it turned off at all? First time on? Mine went on and off for about a week or so, mainly off. Now, it's been gone for quite sometime...
It came on yesterday on the way home from work. It has not gone off yet but I only have a 10 minute drive to work in the morning. I drive to an from sites all day so I will keep an eye on it and see if it goes off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
may be it is a MAF sensor code. GM has bulletins out on that specific type of filter. if that seems to be the case you will be buying a MAF sensor and it won't be under warranty as far as that goes. if you want to see what the code is for nothin then i would take it your local autozone and have them scan the code (if they can) and then you can get an idea of what your looking at.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ACasper85 said:
may be it is a MAF sensor code. GM has bulletins out on that specific type of filter. if that seems to be the case you will be buying a MAF sensor and it won't be under warranty as far as that goes. if you want to see what the code is for nothin then i would take it your local autozone and have them scan the code (if they can) and then you can get an idea of what your looking at.
The CEL light went off yesterday afternoon after driving for a while. I took it to Saturn and it was a 2lean code.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had the CEL light when I first put my CAI on. I had it about 6 times and I just disconnected the negative battery cable for 10 mins or so and it would go away. I mentioned to the dealer I was getting the CEL. They looked at it and said my O2 sensor was bad and replaced it. They did not mention the CAI so I was not about to.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:

are there Autozones in your area? They will check your code for free and they can clear it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The CEL went off yesterday while I was driving from site to site......but it came back on today!!!!!!!1 bummer. Oh well car goes in to Saturn next week so I will find out what the code was at least.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts