Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if your clutch is going out buy a clutch from spec. Over $500 just for a clutch. Not to mention installation and 4 wheel alignment. (Fed some BS to my mom, who picked up the car, that it was needed) So, with a $10 discout due to the Field Representitive not getting here till 4 days after I took the car in. Total cost: $1160

I got the Camshaft Sensor replaced too. I gave them the TSB# for the Intercooler Coolant Pump and they said it was correct (BS I say).

I was accused of lowering the air pressure to reduce wheel hop and that I was riding and popping the clutch. They also mentioned the wear on the tires (One of the tires never stayed inflated at factory specs). All in all I was very mad that they would accuse me of this.

The new clutch is 100% different. It feels better and engages quicker. I'm going to give it 500-1000 miles to break in then drive normally.

Then, I was told that I hit a curb with my car and ripped the tire and gouged the rim. Well, I can say that I never did. Because I would remember. So, that's more money for a new tire and a new rim.

Needless to say, Saturn of Dayton South will not work or touch my car without myself or someone else from my Family watching. They are very Incompetent there.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
sounds like saturn of manchester in nh i have been fighting withthem over my rims pitting out for over 2 months now. and now they dont want to replace the rims they want to refurbish them so much for saturn putting people first
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
OUCH, that's too bad they accuse you of all of that, hopefully this one holds up for you...
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
redline603 said:
sounds like saturn of manchester in nh i have been fighting withthem over my rims pitting out for over 2 months now. and now they dont want to replace the rims they want to refurbish them so much for saturn putting people first
Pollution and environmental damage, is explicitly listed in your warranty as not covered. If they do anything for your rims, you should feel luck. Mine have a small pit or two on there, and the warranty information specifically lists salt in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Aeain, well you may not have hit a curb buy you car sure hit something. Are you saying it just appeared one day? Take it from someone who investigates accidents- the tire/wheel hit something, curb, pothole, large mammal . . .
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mi_redline said:
Aeain, well you may not have hit a curb buy you car sure hit something. Are you saying it just appeared one day? Take it from someone who investigates accidents- the tire/wheel hit something, curb, pothole, large mammal . . .

What I am saying is the car has been at Saturn till about 12:30 today from Thursday 6:30pm. I am 100% positive I didn't do this because I don't remember hitting a thing. Saturn says that it was one of the first things they noticed but, did not tell my mom (Dealing with them while I'm a school) till today. My mom happens to agree with me, she remembers when we were talking Wednesday and Thursday morning looking at the rims because they were dirty.

Well, means I'm getting my All-Season tires earlier than expected. Should have 3 Dunlops SP9000 Tires for sale soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
That's an impact, clear as day. There's no "defect" when there's a cut in the tire sidewall and an accompanying impact mark on the wheel. I'm not defending the dealership, but all they can do for you is install a new wheel and tire and show you the bill. That's an insurance claim....not a warranty or "customer satisfaction" item.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim Lewis said:
That's an impact, clear as day. There's no "defect" when there's a cut in the tire sidewall and an accompanying impact mark on the wheel. I'm not defending the dealership, but all they can do for you is install a new wheel and tire and show you the bill. That's an insurance claim....not a warranty or "customer satisfaction" item.
What I am saying is. It wasn't there before I took the car in. So it happened between the time it went in and the time it came out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
not that it will help but i used to own a nissan 200sx se-r 1998. bought brand new. 7 miles on it. i left the dealership got onto the ny state thruway and the car just died. stalled out and stopped running with less than 25 miles on it. i had the car towed back in. they first tried to tell me i did a standing burnout in the thing which anyone who has driven one knows is impossible with the amount of wheel hop you would get stock. anyway, they said leave the car here and we will figure it out. i at this point wanted a brand new car. NO LUCK THERE!!! calling everyday to see when it would be done tues, wed, thurs, friday passed. im getting pissed at this point. so i go in saturday right; AND YES THIS IS A TRUE STORY I HAVE THE LAWSUIT DOCS TO PROVE IT; my buddy works in the parts dept. so im in there bs'ing with him waiting for the service manager. i see them driving my new car back onto the lot. my buddy says i didnt know that was your car?? i asked what was wrong with it. hes says im not sure what was wrong with the car but they just picked that one upo from the body shop!!!!! im like @#[email protected]#$ at this point. he said someone on the lot backed into the drivers side of the car and basically crushed the front door and front fender. they tried to get away with not telling me. i even could still smell the fresh paint when i got in it. and they oh no we were just test driving it to make sure it was okay. well my buddy got fired that day because he told his boss in front of me that is bullshit!! you just picked that up from the shop and you know it. so they fired him. i left the car there on thier lot went and got a lawyer, and sued the shit out of them. and yes i won, no big money but a new car and got it for a lot less than what i paid in the first place. so long story short; no one know what happens to thier car while its at the dealer for service!!!!! watch out. i will never let my car out of my sight after that even if i have to stand outside the entire time or at the window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
one more for you and yes this is also true. my friend has a srt-4 he brought in for service. nothing major but a regular service, oil check fluids etc.... his dealership gave him free oil changes for life. so get this; we are out driving in my 300zx tt and going down to sarasota where his car was so when they called we would be right there to pick it up. i see this black srt-4 fly past me. i said oh no not in my z. so i start messing with this guy. i smoked him but he did alright for a stock srt. i was like hey that car moves pretty good. granted i run 10's in my z so there was no race really. but after we see the car turn into the dealership where my friends car was??? we both had the same look for a second. i pulled in after he did and we followed him around back. this ******* has the nerve to get out and first say hey thats real fast, that car; but i missed a gear i would have done better. he goes inside and we look inside the car and its my friends car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this ******* is out there beating the shit out of his car and picking up his lunch in it. we went in there and both threw a shit fit. the service guy was like well we have to test them after we work on them. he wouldnt do anything about it at all. the ******* kid even had the nerve to say that neons pretty quick for a neon. needless to say he never brought his car there ever again. we tried getting somewhere but everone there was an ******* to him after that. my frien finally called chrysler corp and told them what happend and they were shocked and disturbed. he got a full extended warranty for free for his car "in case" the dealership caused any problems, but that ******* is still working there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Nasty tales of dealer abuse there ZF. I dont blame you for being very cautious now, but IMO crap like that is more the exception than the rule these days. I could go into the "one bad apple... painted with the same brush" spiel, but hey the reality is ANY time you let ANYBODY drive your car (friend, family, valet, or tech) unsupervised you risk not appreciating how it was treated. Makes you want to mount one of those video "tattle-tale" boxes in your car and make sure they KNOW IT.

Anyways, what did you have to do to get your Zx tt into the 10's? Most of them around these parts are pretty much mid-high 13s.
Regards
WopOnTour
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Aeain--

Kind of a moot point, but...You shouldn't have paid for a four wheel alignment. The rear of this car is completely unadjustable. You should have only paid for two. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
CSCC 148 said:
Aeain--

Kind of a moot point, but...You shouldn't have paid for a four wheel alignment. The rear of this car is completely unadjustable. You should have only paid for two. :(
Sort of
Although not adjustable Saturn DOES publish the rear alignnent specifications
(see below) and advises in the procedure to measure/confirm rear alignment values PRIOR to completing the front. The mindset here is that if somethings been bent out of alignment in the REAR, you could spend a llot of time screwing around trying to compensate in the front (for a lead or pull for instance)
HTH
WopOnTour
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
my z has extensive work done to it. custom made turbos fully built motor with wiseco pistons and pauter rods gold tone on top of pistons and cryo treated block and crank rods etc... 88.5 mm on the pistons which is 87mm normal. full ferrea valvetrain all 1mm oversized extreme port job on the head. custom ground cams and custom knife edged crank to our specs. td-06 20g turbos 1000cc injectors, huge front mount, dual mas air sensors with dual intakes etc.....everything is beyond custom. probably over 50k$ invested or more besides the car. i run normally just over 800whp. then i also have a wet nitrous kit i can either use for spool up or for top end with a flip of a switch hooked inside the ecu. for a spool up kit the ecu controls the nitrous and shuts it down and a certain rpm. anyhow 3years later i have a beast!! its back in the body shop getting painted pearl blazing orange now, ill post some pics in a few eeks when i get it back. all the glass and full interior is stripped out right now and the motor is hanging out in my shop waiting to go back in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
most shops check the rear alignement anyway and will charge you no matter what, not a whole lot you can do. here in fl most shops only do 4 wheels jobs they tell you we dont just do 2 wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
zfactor said:
one more for you and yes this is also true. my friend has a srt-4 he brought in for service. nothing major but a regular service, oil check fluids etc.... his dealership gave him free oil changes for life. so get this; we are out driving in my 300zx tt and going down to sarasota where his car was so when they called we would be right there to pick it up. i see this black srt-4 fly past me. i said oh no not in my z. so i start messing with this guy. i smoked him but he did alright for a stock srt. i was like hey that car moves pretty good. granted i run 10's in my z so there was no race really. but after we see the car turn into the dealership where my friends car was??? we both had the same look for a second. i pulled in after he did and we followed him around back. this ******* has the nerve to get out and first say hey thats real fast, that car; but i missed a gear i would have done better. he goes inside and we look inside the car and its my friends car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this ******* is out there beating the shit out of his car and picking up his lunch in it. we went in there and both threw a shit fit. the service guy was like well we have to test them after we work on them. he wouldnt do anything about it at all. the ******* kid even had the nerve to say that neons pretty quick for a neon. needless to say he never brought his car there ever again. we tried getting somewhere but everone there was an ******* to him after that. my frien finally called chrysler corp and told them what happend and they were shocked and disturbed. he got a full extended warranty for free for his car "in case" the dealership caused any problems, but that ******* is still working there.
Crap, man! That's been my worst fear when taking my car and leaving it anywhere. Fortunately I haven't had any issues. That just stinks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
In another thread you said that your flywheel was cracked also, so is the price for the new flywheel included in the $500 it cost for parts?

Does the flywheel usally have to be replaced when the clutch is replaced?
 

·
I
Joined
·
7,839 Posts
jmonte345 said:
In another thread you said that your flywheel was cracked also, so is the price for the new flywheel included in the $500 it cost for parts?

Does the flywheel usally have to be replaced when the clutch is replaced?
I may be mistaken, but a lot of places usually just resurface it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pictures of my Clutch, Flywheel and Throw Out Bearing.

$562.40 for the Clutch
$216.32 for the Flywheel
$161.49 for Plate ASM 12589049
$140.53 for Plate ASM 12583856
$19.28 per Lubricant Quantity 3 Total: $57.84
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top