Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

My older brother passed his 06 Redline to me, for free! All I had to do was pay the back fees and fix her up, and that I have done. More recently, I noticed the clutch was on its way out, so I went ahead and bought ZZP's LSJ Clutch upgrade kit (LSJ Clutch Upgrade Kit), along with their aluminum flywheel (ZZP Aluminum Flywheel-2.0L F35). I knocked the job out over two weekends, 5 months ago. I followed the LSJ bible (BOOK,H/PRF (ECOTEC LSJ 2.0 POWER)) meticulously. I have since made numerous attempts to bleed the bastardly clutch to no avail. I started with the rear brake lines, and worked my way up. I've used an air compressor, a hand pump, and even the good ole fashion two person job of pumping the clutch to build pressure while the other releases the bleeder valve and so forth. I miss driving this thing, and fear more issues will arise from it just sitting. The only issue I can visibly see is the clutch elbow (Hydraulic Clutch Elbow) doesn't sit as low as it once did. Inside this elbow is a plastic cone that is supposed to retain a clip, holding the elbow down. This cone was broken so I have since replaced it. The elbow still doesn't sit as low as it did. Any and all help is appreciated. Yes, I have tried hitting it w my purse and it still won't work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Changed my clutch almost a year ago now and faced a similar problem, my clutch elbow was a good 1/2" above where it originally sat but I managed to bleed it well enough where it works now, but I think I definitely have worn out my clutch faster than intended maybe I didn't have proper disengagement.

I'd definitely recommend trying to fix the elbow if I were you. Personally, I'm in the process of figuring out why my 5th gear is popping out under load so a new trans and clutch may be in order.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Changed my clutch almost a year ago now and faced a similar problem, my clutch elbow was a good 1/2" above where it originally sat but I managed to bleed it well enough where it works now, but I think I definitely have worn out my clutch faster than intended maybe I didn't have proper disengagement.

I'd definitely recommend trying to fix the elbow if I were you. Personally, I'm in the process of figuring out why my 5th gear is popping out under load so a new trans and clutch may be in order.
If you end up needing a new trans and/or clutch i have an OEM replacement luke clutch with throw out and am currently pulling a working trans with lsd out of my parts car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had good luck with lifting the front of the car up and vacuum pump on master cylinder for 1hr, release to vacuum from the pump and then abruptly and sharply slam clutch pedal 20 times and repeat for the day.. did it while i was at work.. drove it and repeated the next day. Seems fine after that. I also bled the throw out while engine was still out of the car ( i left the trans in and pulled engine out though as i did the clutch while i rebuilt my engine) i would press in on the throw out bearing and then crack the bleeder, close bleeder and release throw out and repeat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts