Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have dropped my trans 4 times now and still have issues which could have been avoided having taken the right precautions in the first place. It happens, it's experience, and you can be even more proud when you are done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah i know what you mean so order a throw out bearing and clutch pipe you thibk? what about the bolts replace then and how should i take out those bolts that are stripped? where do i order my parts dealer or online

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
crateenginedepot.com. Call and talk to Tom. He should be able to hook you up with anything you need. Not sure about your bolt problem...EZ-out maybe? Could try pounding next largest size torx into it, spray with PB Blaster and hope it breaks loose before it strips out again.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had one of the bolts strip on me as well. I had to cut the head off it, get the throwout bearing off, put a nut on there, tack weld it on, then back it out with a socket. I replaced the 3 bolts with some normal hex head bolts with the same thread pattern with a little loctite. That one had me stumped for a little bit as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had one of the bolts strip on me as well. I had to cut the head off it, get the throwout bearing off, put a nut on there, tack weld it on, then back it out with a socket. I replaced the 3 bolts with some normal hex head bolts with the same thread pattern with a little loctite. That one had me stumped for a little bit as well.
Tgats a good idea minus i dont have access to a welder :mad:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yeah, we were doing mine at a buddy's shop so we had access to a welder and lifts.. That's why we were able to get it done in 4-4.5 hours lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
well guys what do u thibk i should do! i have the entire car back together but i need to tear bacj into.it and replace the slave cylinder and im going to do the tob and clutch pipe while im down there anyways. I was quoted from a family griend 300 to do the job and i dont need to do another thing. Or i can do it myself hopefully iver the holiday weekend. The car has been down for just about three weeks now! what are your guys opinions?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Do it yourself, you trust yourself and know what not to do by this point

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an older thread, and hopefully you have gotten your issue fixed. I just picked up a 06' ion redline this Jan and had to do a clutch job on it. I was able to get it all done, and the manual bleeding using the the elbow block was a great and fast method. I'm glad I found this thread though because I had the same problem with the leaking fluid at first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No i didnt mean they were stripped before i got there they stripped as soon as i put any pressure on them. Damn i cant believe i have to.take the whole car apart again possibly damn this project has been a long standing projct.

I'm having the same issue my buddy's dad's old school and he bled it old school with no vacuum just pump the hell out of it but came back I had clutch... recently I replace the clutch again and I broke that little plastic on top of the clutch pipe that bolts into the clutch elbow we did the O-ring thing O'Reilly's sells a bunch of o rings that are resistant to brake fluid just for whoever else reads this I cannot find that little plastic part on the clutch pipe for nothing my question in these forms is mine clicked into place I replace the clip I press the pedal I can instantly feel that I had something but I'm bleeding it all out when I look at the top of this plastic it looks broken compared to the ones I see in the pictures I can clearly see it dripping out from underneath the clutch elbow and if I pump the hell out of it I can damn near hear it one thing I noticed when I was bleeding with the vacuum when I would Pump It trying to figure out that system after I did get it right I was able to build pressure but I lost it cuz I'm losing it through that plastic zzp has it for 8.99. The clutch pipe but man I wish they just sold the plastic fitting

21 - 31 of 31 Posts