Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
mgm1979 said:
I have yet to file a complaint with BBB, but it's on my list of things to do...I was waiting to hear what Fullthrottle may have heard when/if he took everything to Base Legal.

I can dispute the CC charges, but that would only hurt UltraRev, not CM...so far, UltraRev has done their part.
i have my appointment with the jag officer on monday. please everyone keep this thread alive. sp00n can we make this a sticky? im going to contact the BBB myself.

RL-2005 I can't afford a new toransmission period. however, I dont have a choice in the matter right now. I need my car and even if I were to get all the money back i've put into my car since the CLutch Masters ordeal, it would still take time which is something I don't have alot of right now. on a good note being that I will be buying a new transmission I'm going to just spend the extra money (THAT I DONT HAVE) to get the LSD. ;) :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
well i think ima call up CM and see what they have to say for me (which is prob not much).. my clutch pedal has to be pushed to the floor for me to shift and if it is anywhere higher than the floor it will not shift. when it does shift it is a rough engagement. i did not spend 700$ on a clutch for it not to shift properly. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD GET BETTER WITH MILES AND IT DIDNT!

if it comes down to it i will see if i can return this clutch. If they give me the runaround BBB here i come.

o and i have a BRAND NEW NEVER USED stock clutch sitting in my house. i eventually want to sell it but i gotta keep it until i finally get a clutch that works :(

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
PuSha050 said:
well i think ima call up CM and see what they have to say for me (which is prob not much).. my clutch pedal has to be pushed to the floor for me to shift and if it is anywhere higher than the floor it will not shift. when it does shift it is a rough engagement. i did not spend 700$ on a clutch for it not to shift properly. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD GET BETTER WITH MILES AND IT DIDNT!

if it comes down to it i will see if i can return this clutch. If they give me the runaround BBB here i come.

o and i have a BRAND NEW NEVER USED stock clutch sitting in my house. i eventually want to sell it but i gotta keep it until i finally get a clutch that works :(
hmmmm sounds familiar. do me a favor. go outside start up your car put it in first. keep the clutch pedal on the floor and rev your engine and post back here and tell me if your car moves.

·
Registered
52 Posts
fullthrottle said:
hmmmm sounds familiar. do me a favor. go outside start up your car put it in first. keep the clutch pedal on the floor and rev your engine and post back here and tell me if your car moves.
just did it.. and what else is new... my car moves, not very subtle either. now what?

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
PuSha050 said:
just did it.. and what else is new... my car moves, not very subtle either. now what?
ok then the problem is that your clutch isnt disengaging. you had the clutch installed at your deaer correct? I can say with mine there was a little rubber oring that goes on the clutch bleeder block(IF THATS WHAT ITS CALLED) it sits on top of the tranny. anyway, the oring in mine wasnt installed correctly it was distorted. with that being said a normal person would be lead to believe that the problems you and myself and others have experienced would be due to an installation error. however, when there are others outthere with other brand clutches who've never had this problem and then the few of us who do have this problem all have clutchmasters clutches then I ten to say theres A FAULT WITH CLUTCH MASTERS PRODUCTS.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
PuSha050 said:
yep it was installed at a dealer. im gonna call CM after work today
they;re going to try and refer to my car when they try to give you a story about how thier clutches work. you can tell then you know me and that infact my clutch does not work and its even fucked up my transmission for the second time.

im just letting you know what they're going to tell you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
have you guys measured the stock clutch disc next to the CM disc? are all dimensions the same? If so why not use the factory pressure plate,flywheel and use a 4 or 6 puck stage 4 clutch disc. anyone out there that has a factory disc and CM disc please try and take ALL measurements and post the results. I am going to do this but my CM stage 4 6 puck (which is having the same probs in my Turbo Solstice as you guys) is still in the car.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
RandD said:
have you guys measured the stock clutch disc next to the CM disc? are all dimensions the same? If so why not use the factory pressure plate,flywheel and use a 4 or 6 puck stage 4 clutch disc. anyone out there that has a factory disc and CM disc please try and take ALL measurements and post the results. I am going to do this but my CM stage 4 6 puck (which is having the same probs in my Turbo Solstice as you guys) is still in the car.
Clutch masters has measured it on more then 1 occasion. supposidly. my buddy threw my stocker away I wanted to do it myself.

randD if your having this trouble please post it on here its more fuel to the fire.

·
Registered
167 Posts
have you guys measured the stock clutch disc next to the CM disc? are all dimensions the same? If so why not use the factory pressure plate,flywheel and use a 4 or 6 puck stage 4 clutch disc. anyone out there that has a factory disc and CM disc please try and take ALL measurements and post the results. I am going to do this but my CM stage 4 6 puck (which is having the same probs in my Turbo Solstice as you guys) is still in the car. If they measure out the same there is no reason why the disc only shouldnt work, if the splines are the same. Also has anyone put just the disc on the trans spline and seen if it splines smoothly and correctly?

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
RandD said:
have you guys measured the stock clutch disc next to the CM disc? are all dimensions the same? If so why not use the factory pressure plate,flywheel and use a 4 or 6 puck stage 4 clutch disc. anyone out there that has a factory disc and CM disc please try and take ALL measurements and post the results. I am going to do this but my CM stage 4 6 puck (which is having the same probs in my Turbo Solstice as you guys) is still in the car. If they measure out the same there is no reason why the disc only shouldnt work, if the splines are the same. Also has anyone put just the disc on the trans spline and seen if it splines smoothly and correctly?
it dosent matter what the problem is with the CM unit it shouldnt be the customers problem. also i think theres only been a few of us who have actually done the CLutch ourselves on the redline. therefor alot of people couldnt or haven done what your asking. I put the disk on the tyrans spline and it fit correctly. theres another issue which we the customer shouldnt have to worry about. clutchmasters should.

anyway if your having similar trouble then post it its just more fuel to the fire.

·
Registered
167 Posts
fullthrottle said:
it dosent matter what the problem is with the CM unit it shouldnt be the customers problem. also i think theres only been a few of us who have actually done the CLutch ourselves on the redline. therefor alot of people couldnt or haven done what your asking. I put the disk on the tyrans spline and it fit correctly. theres another issue which we the customer shouldnt have to worry about. clutchmasters should.

anyway if your having similar trouble then post it its just more fuel to the fire.
I'm having similar issues but its not the same trans or CM part. Me and twincharged did the clucth and we know what we're doing so installer error is definitely not the case here either.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
RandD said:
I'm having similar issues but its not the same trans or CM part. Me and twincharged did the clucth and we know what we're doing so installer error is definitely not the case here either.
I hear ya...........

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
fullthrottle said:
I hear ya...........
Matt I'm not sure if you have started anything with the BBB yet. I was thinking that I know alot of us have dealt with luis from Cm and honestly hes a really cool guy and he does try and help us but in the end hes not the boss there at CM everything always come higher then him. with that said I think maby you or I should foward this thread to luis. with a very polite message pretty much saying that if they dont agree to take care of us then we will proceed with the BBB. I know part of me dosent even want to foward this to CM but in all honesty and respect like I said luis did try to help not only myself but you dan and the others if i recall correctly so i figure we owe at least that to him befor we proceed witht he BBB. im thinking that hell look at this thread and pretty much take the crappy parts back and give us our money back and we walk or if they decide to play hard ball then we bring in the BBB. what do you think.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
TheWastedYears said:
Does filing a complaint w/ the Better Business Bureau actually do anything?
yeah it does most of the time. I'm going to send this thread to luis at CM and hopefully he does something. I dont even care anymore about the thousands spent on labor due to faulty CM products. If it has to go as far as me getting a Civilian as well as a Military lawyer. then I will go for the maximum amount of money that I feel is owed but If I know luis from CM like I believe I do then I dont see CM having a problem with just giving me a refund on the Clutch/flywheel kit.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
fullthrottle said:
yeah it does most of the time. I'm going to send this thread to luis at CM and hopefully he does something. I dont even care anymore about the thousands spent on labor due to faulty CM products. If it has to go as far as me getting a Civilian as well as a Military lawyer. then I will go for the maximum amount of money that I feel is owed but If I know luis from CM like I believe I do then I dont see CM having a problem with just giving me a refund on the Clutch/flywheel kit.
DO NOT settle...truth of the matter is, YOUR tranny was MOST-likely jacked up b/c of THEIR faulty shit - and had I NOT known about your situation, MINE probably would've ended up the same way...

Your time and money is worth more than the "parts only" - and if "we" enable them to "make it right" with a parts-refund, when we are DEFINITELY owed more compensation, then they win and will NOT fix underlying issue(s). I'm telling you, having the group of SS/SC and RLs behind us and willing to drag this thing out (via a CA-Lawsuit or similar) is a VERY powerful bargaining chip - and I've already got civilian legal confirmation that we have a case...:eek:rangehat

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
mgm1979 said:
DO NOT settle...truth of the matter is, YOUR tranny was MOST-likely jacked up b/c of THEIR faulty shit - and had I NOT known about your situation, MINE probably would've ended up the same way...

Your time and money is worth more than the "parts only" - and if "we" enable them to "make it right" with a parts-refund, when we are DEFINITELY owed more compensation, then they win and will NOT fix underlying issue(s). I'm telling you, having the group of SS/SC and RLs behind us and willing to drag this thing out (via a CA-Lawsuit or similar) is a VERY powerful bargaining chip - and I've already got civilian legal confirmation that we have a case...:eek:rangehat
Bad assed dude...lets go

·
Registered
188 Posts
all of you are talking about CM alot I'm starting to get scare, cause I want to get a new clutch but I don't want to get all the same problems that all of you are having,can some one tell me if this is a good one? or one that i'm not going to have problems whit.
Select Make ------- Cadillac Chevrolet Pontiac Saturn Saab Cadillac Chevy Truck GMC Hummer

Selected Vehicle : 2005 Saturn Ion Redline 2.0 SC - [change vehicle]

SPEC SC073 Stage 3 - The Ultimate Street/Strip Clutch!

The SPEC Stage 3 Clutch Kit offers more clamping force than the Stage 2 for heavily modified street and race engines. Offers sufficient daily drivability with a comfortable pedal feel and quick engagement. Offers good wear characteristics under low and high stress usage. Includes high clamp pressure plate, pure Kevlar friction material and high torque sprung hub and disc assembly. 6 puck is standard on most applications, but 4 puck can be specified when ordering. PLEASE SPECIFY 4 OR 6 PUCK. ORDERS NOT SPECIFYING PUCK WILL BE SHIPPED WHAT IS IN STOCK!

Types of Driving: Street, Drag, Drift, Road Race, Rallye, Pulling, Autocross.

Notes :
Manual Transmission Only! Some kits require OEM bearing and/or tool, which is available through your dealer. PLEASE SPECIFY 4 OR 6 PUCK. ORDERS NOT SPECIFYING PUCK WILL BE SHIPPED WHAT IS IN STOCK!

Part # Description Price

SPC-SC073 SPEC SC073 Stage 3 - The Ultimate Street/Strip Clutch! Retail : $619.00
Our price : $569.99
Savings : $49.01 [Add to Cart]

41 - 60 of 91 Posts