Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got back from clutch masters, they said the flywheel was over torqued and thats why it came apart. so they replaced the clutch since it was bad and gave me a great deal on a flywheel. Thank You Clutch Masters!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i thought i would give an update on here. of course after the whole mess of what happened with my stage 3 clutch and flywheel and them saying it was an installation problem, when i got my new stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel i did the install myself this time instead of going back to the shop. so i had the clutch in for about 12,000 miles and guess what happened?... its junk, slipping off and on. im done with CM. but anyway my trans is broke for good (un related) and i am going to get a new LSD trans and want to know which clutch i should get. i almost want to go oem after the 2 times in a row CM failures, A oem is about $325, what would be a good clutch to get that has a good reputation?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
i thought i would give an update on here. of course after the whole mess of what happened with my stage 3 clutch and flywheel and them saying it was an installation problem, when i got my new stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel i did the install myself this time instead of going back to the shop. so i had the clutch in for about 12,000 miles and guess what happened?... its junk, slipping off and on. im done with CM. but anyway my trans is broke for good (un related) and i am going to get a new LSD trans and want to know which clutch i should get. i almost want to go oem after the 2 times in a row CM failures, A oem is about $325, what would be a good clutch to get that has a good reputation?
OEM or Exedy hypersingle....or there is another economical alternative contact Josh at OTTP its sort of like a GM LNF clutch but its not (LNF does not fit) and it does fit....

·
Registered
620 Posts
get the oem upgrade clutch for cobalts and IRL's . i beleave its good up 2 300 horse( lowballing i think) but i dont know i just know gm sells it.

there was a post on here with the new clutch( upgrade) and the rotated mounts i beleave.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Don't forget Centerforce makes the DF and DFX clutch packs too....for a better price than the Exedy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wtf? my stock clutch wouldnt hold with only 10,000 miles on it after i did intake, exhaust, 3" pulley and boost limit raised... then i tryed 2 CM stage 3 clutches which both died with about 15,000 miles each... i dont slip the clutch that much or ride it on a hill at all... The problem im getting right now is that it will slip when the temperature outside is cold, even if the car is driven for hours and is hot the clutch slips, but when its hot outside it wont slip. i was thinking it slips when air temp is cool because of cooler air, max timing, more boost etc. but also if i redline it and try to shift the clutch peddle is about 3 times harder to press in... anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got 96000+ miles on my stocker and thats at least 50 passes at the dragstrip. I'm having it replaced next tuesday with the GM upgrade clutch and all I have to say is from my experience - the stock clutch is one of the best ones I've ever seen in my years of driving (at least for a stock clutch). The difference might be I'm over 50 - I don't know - but it did me right. BTW this was on a stage 2 motor for the majority of the clutch life. Just my 2 sense.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Where are all these original members coming from? Lol! It's nice to see some of the originals on here now.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts