Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
wft do I need a lawyer to post a response on here...I mention 3 ways I know of to get rid of wheel hop...I never said they were the only 3 ways to do it. recall me using the word "options" repeatedly in my post. if you know a better way good, go for it, what I did works just fine for me thank you very much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i'm looking at putting fe5 shocks, struts, and control arms on my 07 ion-2, i believe it has the fe1 or fe2 suspension on it. will the parts bolt right up with my ion mounting hardware at the top? i read on a cobalt forum that the fe5 has a bigger ball joint shaft, requiring fe5 knuckles as well, but that was for a cobalt.

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
i'm looking at putting fe5 shocks, struts, and control arms on my 07 ion-2, i believe it has the fe1 or fe2 suspension on it. will the parts bolt right up with my ion mounting hardware at the top? i read on a cobalt forum that the fe5 has a bigger ball joint shaft, requiring fe5 knuckles as well, but that was for a cobalt.
Most everything should just bolt right up to the IONs. The 08-10 SS/TC does have bigger ball joint shafts, but you can still use the 05-07 SS/SC arms as they are nearly identical arms but with the ION-sized ball joint shaft, and if you get the leading/trailing bushings, you'll be set. If all you can find is a set of 08-10 arms, you can still use the original knuckles if you open them up a bit where the ball joint goes in, but you'd be advised to upgrade knuckles as well.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Went to aluminum control arms about a year ago. Mild increase in handling, decent reduction in wheelhop.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts