Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freind of mine is interested in the RL's and the Cobalts, so we headed over to a local Chevy dealer today in SUNNY( :p ) South Florida. We were talking to the salesman, and he was telling us that the SS is not going to be released, at least down here, until late September. Anyone know what setbacks are causing this? I know it's going to cause a lot of potential Cobalt people to look further into the RL's, especially with 0% APR for 5 years right now Saturn is offering.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Maybe GM's way of trying to sell more RL's? I really don't know, but if this is true for all of north america..I kinda of a little giggle at those who are waiting for the SS, but at the same time I feel sorry as they are our younger sister.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
XeroState said:
Maybe GM's way of trying to sell more RL's? I really don't know, but if this is true for all of north america..I kinda of a little giggle at those who are waiting for the SS, but at the same time I feel sorry as they are our younger sister.

I remember when trying to get the Redline ordered last winter, I don't wish that on anyone :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
i think hes bullshitting you cuz ive seen a yellow one sitting in the auto depot lot in philly. it was sitting next to a regular yellow cobalt coupe.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I agree someone is putting out bs because they are out there.....not in great numbers though.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Dealerships can get "punished" by the manufacturer if they arnt performing up to standards, so maybe that is their punishment?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the same thing, that it was released, at least in some parts, and is comin down here soon. Thus my confusion.

·
Registered
764 Posts
They are definitely out already. Almost every dealership in the pittsburgh area has one or two of them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
A freind of mine is interested in the RL's and the Cobalts, so we headed over to a local Chevy dealer today in SUNNY( :p ) South Florida. We were talking to the salesman, and he was telling us that the SS is not going to be released, at least down here, until late September. Anyone know what setbacks are causing this? I know it's going to cause a lot of potential Cobalt people to look further into the RL's, especially with 0% APR for 5 years right now Saturn is offering.
I think the salesman was referring to the non-supercharged Cobalt SS which will have the new Ecotec 2.4 170hp motor. This car is scheduled to be out sometime in late summer as a 2006 model.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never even heard of the non supercharged one with the bigger ecotec engine. But I thought that's what was so different about the SS, and the reason Chevy gave it the coveted SS badging. Maybe the 2.4 is just the normal two door, and not the SS. But we did specify SS when we were asking. Maybe they were just stupid.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok well heres all the cobalt models:

Cobalt LT Sedan (2.2 ecotec)
Cobalt LS Coupe (2.2 ecotec)
Cobalt SS (non supercharged 2.4L)
Cobalt SS S/C (supercharged 2.0L, redline engine)

the SS non supercharged was announced a while ago, more or less it looks like an LS Coupe model with SS badging and the peppier 2.4L motor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
I have never even heard of the non supercharged one with the bigger ecotec engine. But I thought that's what was so different about the SS, and the reason Chevy gave it the coveted SS badging.
I agree. There should only be one 'SS' version for each model. But, that's me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Signals said:
I agree. There should only be one 'SS' version for each model. But, that's me.
Im in agreement as well, they could of gone with an LTZ label or something different, SS means "Super Sport", why they went with two, we will never know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts