Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an red Cobalt SS outside my dorm window in Ann Arbor, MI. It didn't have a manufacturer plate, and a young asian guy drove it away, so they must be selling them around here now. I haven't driven past any Chevy dealerships to see if they're on sale yet though. Just thought I'd like to share.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I saw a bright blue one parked at a Chevy dealer today - my first one - can't wait for the little zipperheads to come challenging - those 19 year olds who think they're Bob Glidden (if they know who Bob Glidden is) or maybe Christian Rado....I've been running cars since I was 15...

Not that I condone that sort of shenanigans and hooliganism...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
HAHA! First chance I get to run one, I have every intention to dissapoint them...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
those 19 year olds who think they're Bob Glidden (if they know who Bob Glidden is)
OK, you just made me feel old. I remember when I met Bob Glidden at Brainerd in 1989 at the North Star Nationals. I got to sit in his T-Bird.

Your right, it is going to be comical when they come the way of some of us that have been tinkering for a while. Should be fun :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
matt said:
The Cobalt SS' sure are nice looking cars. I like the Red Line better though. :cool:
Hell no lol I think they look like a bug, not the car but a real bug with its bulgy headlights, that look like a damn honda :) Cobalts body lines are really beat to heh I perfer my redline anyday :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
MotorMouth said:
OK, you just made me feel old. I remember when I met Bob Glidden at Brainerd in 1989 at the North Star Nationals. I got to sit in his T-Bird.

Your right, it is going to be comical when they come the way of some of us that have been tinkering for a while. Should be fun :)
Sorry, dude.....my sons (18 and 19) never realized that Speed Racer wasn't a regular Nickilodeon cartoon...they freaked when I told them I watched it in the late 60s and early 70s...

The Cobalts look like SRT-4s...kinda like frogs.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hey guys, yeah I have been seeing a few around town in Detroit. Not without Manufacturer or dealer plates. The last time I was at the chevy dealer they said they just don't have them in stock yet. That was a month ago. But I am looking forward to lining up against one. Should be fun.

As for looks, it is still a cavalier, and I never really liked them

Cartoons, Transformers, thundercats, He-man, smurfs, and of course the fantastic four and wonder freinds (power of Saturn). But now all I watch is adult swim. I AM THE DRIZZLE!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts