Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on Gandy Bridge Saterday night. For those people that down know what that is its a bridge that is split in half by two countys and only certain cops can get ya on it for street racing. Its a big thing down here its probliy in your streetracing dvd collection. So anyway it's around 11 when i see a Redline wing on what looks to be like a BLK RL. I look a bit closer as its driving through the lot between the cars i see the baby skyline lights on the ass end. Im freaking out, LIke finaly a colbalt SS and its here. So im leaning on my hood looking all cool and shit as he makes his way by. So i flag him down and ask if he wants to race a RL tonight and as i look in the passenger seat he has this fine ass asian chick(G/F) nxt to him. He looks at her and she says no, dont!!. I tryed to tell him i was stock and try to get him to bite the bait and he says he just checking it out and that he's not running anyone tonight. Iwas so pissed. But he ended up beaing a pretty cool guy by the end of the night his name is james i think. line fire recruted him for sithsphere instead of RL forums so i dont think he'll be on here anytime soon. But hoping he'll race nxt week so i can tape that shit!!! I should allready put him on my kill list. COBALT SS PWNED!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
lol i raced my old truck on Gandy once.. against another truck.. we where slllooow but still fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya i was gona say, he couldn't have had it for that long. They say at least 5000 miles give or take till the engine gets broken in, but personally i don't think i would put a car through that kind of punnishment till at least 10k to 15k... and after some good synthetic is worked in :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colin said:
I was out on Gandy Bridge Saterday night. For those people that down know what that is its a bridge that is split in half by two countys and only certain cops can get ya on it for street racing. Its a big thing down here its probliy in your streetracing dvd collection. So anyway it's around 11 when i see a Redline wing on what looks to be like a BLK RL. I look a bit closer as its driving through the lot between the cars i see the baby skyline lights on the ass end. Im freaking out, LIke finaly a colbalt SS and its here. So im leaning on my hood looking all cool and shit as he makes his way by. So i flag him down and ask if he wants to race a RL tonight and as i look in the passenger seat he has this fine ass asian chick(G/F) nxt to him. He looks at her and she says no, dont!!. I tryed to tell him i was stock and try to get him to bite the bait and he says he just checking it out and that he's not running anyone tonight. Iwas so pissed. But he ended up beaing a pretty cool guy by the end of the night his name is james i think. line fire recruted him for sithsphere instead of RL forums so i dont think he'll be on here anytime soon. But hoping he'll race nxt week so i can tape that shit!!! I should allready put him on my kill list. COBALT SS PWNED!!
He heard about you beating low 13 second cars and wanted NONE of the beast!!!

·
Banned
51 Posts
So I was driving home from work yesterday a little earlier than usual. Route 93 North was clear of all traffic. I wasn't paying much attention to the drive as the weather was kinda nice, so I had the windows down, enjoying the afternoon drive home.

Thats when I saw some red car in the distance behind me trying hard to catch up. Mind you I'm only doing around 75-80 at the time, in 6th gear, with the cruise control on.

As he gets closer I see that it is a Saturn. Never seen a RedLine on the street before down this way so I watched as he got closer. I guess looking at his car means I wanted to race or soemthing like that, cause he started revving his engine and took off. It sounded like a whole bucket of angry mosquitos, and I kinda laughed. But not wanting to be too much of a jerk, I turned off cruise control and gave the car a little more gas.

Catching up to him was quite easy in 6th, but I guess he really wanted to race because he stepped up and got the little car moving faster...

I dunno what the hell he was trying to prove so I dropped down into 4th gear and passed him so fast I think he got whiplash trying to follow my car visually as I passed him and proceeded to put many car lenghts on him. I hadda slow down to get onto 128/95S and figured I would stop off and get a drink at the CVS in Woburn so I got off the highway... about 2 minutes later I noticed the little RedLine followed me into the parking lot and the driver followed me into CVS...

Thats when he said "Man if you didn't have that supercharger I could have taken you"

I swear I almost spit my freshly open can of RedBull all over the floor.

RedLines should know their place...

Behind the SRT-4's, SVT Focus's, WRX's and V6 Mustangs...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
04SVT said:
RedLines should know their place...

Behind the SRT-4's, SVT Focus's, WRX's and V6 Mustangs...

the only car worth racing on that list is the SRT...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'd race you, not saying i'd win, but i'd race.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
how do you figure? Ever car on that list has less power than the Redline, except for the WRX, which are equal at best.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Let you know when power means performance? Ummm... ok... how about right now?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.