Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have bad shocks and my next step is new suspension, i want coilovers but am not very knowledgeable on different suspension brands, any help guys on some good brands and where to get them from??

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would wait for the strut/shock/spring package from powellraceparts.com I wonder I'd hey will have the YYZ springs soon. If you just want struts then some konis. Coil overs are a bad idea for this car unless its strictly a track car, our front fascia and Airdamn hits crap as it isD: lol

Sent from my gay Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha very true well its my daily driver so i wanted to freedom to lower in summer and raise in winter time, but i was on circutmotorsports.net and they have kw's for 1100$ which didnt seem bad but ill check that website out, thanks!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
What are your goals for the car?
Do you just want to "get low" or do you want handling?
Will it be exclusively street driven or do you plan to drag, autox or track the car?

Coilovers will lower the car but everything else will suffer, including your tailbone.

Powell's option will truly be best of both worlds without an extreme drop.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just want to be low, im not racing, but i dont mind a rough ride at all, i think its fun lol, but is john the same as powellracing?, right now my rear end is kinda saggin i want the back to stiffin up and be a little higher than the front like the srt4 look kinda, i was thinking about just getting new rear shocks to make the back end higher, (im currently lowered on tein s. tech) but i like the idea of coilovers, what will john's suspension do? and who is john ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just started reading on his site i know who he is now ill look into his products more they seem like great things im excited for him to get it up and running

·
Registered
758 Posts
you really cant get much lower then tiens springs and your probably already having a pretty rough ride with them already. and your rear is sagging probably because of those springs. shocks by themselves do not raise the car. coilovers have variable height adjustment but the cost versus performance is not even worth it. if your just looking for shocks/struts try the fe5 setup at Cobalt Struts, Shocks and Components. its cobalt parts but the shocks/struts are a direct replacement. i have contacted powell recently and was told that his yyz setup will be available in a few weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts