Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing this silver RL in my town now for the past couple of weeks. It's the only other one I have seen on the road so far. Every time I see him I wave or flash my lights and so far have not gotten any response back from him. Mabyee he dose not see me or is just not a car guy :( .

Figures, an RL right in town and I can't get his attention. Oh well.......

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
haha, I see saturns all the time but I'm not compelled to get their attention or anything like that in display of some sort of automotive brotherhood. Next thing ya know you'll tell me I need to give high fives to everyone that walks around with the same kind of sneakers that I have :p Seriously though, I don't really feel it necessary to honk my horn or flash my lights at any of the other Ions that I've seen. Oh and I saw the first Red Line other than mine on Friday the 22nd of April. It was a Silver one with the QC3 spoiler going Westbound on HWY 183 in Irving around 5:00pm. I'm not sure if he saw me since I was on the Service Road and I noticed a cop was pacing the highway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
MotorMouth said:
I have been seeing this silver RL in my town now for the past couple of weeks. It's the only other one I have seen on the road so far. Every time I see him I wave or flash my lights and so far have not gotten any response back from him. Mabyee he dose not see me or is just not a car guy :( .

Figures, an RL right in town and I can't get his attention. Oh well.......
I think if they REALLY know the car, they would be looking back. I saw another RL in my city a little while back. I was at the light and he was crossing in front of me. We locked on eachother's cars and stared the whole way through the intersection. I'm pretty sure that half the time was spent trying to figure out if it was in fact a RL!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I give honks, waves, revs, etc to other Firebird/Trans Am/Camaro guys all the time. RARELY do I ever get anything back though: of course half the people driving them don't even realize that Firebirds and Camaros are the exact same damn car, so I guess I shouldn't expect any of them to be car fans. Usually the ones that do respond back are slightly modded, so you know that they know what's going on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
w000000 I do it to I've seen some slightly modded saturns not any rls but saturns in general and there always impressed to see the redline :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have the same kind of guy in my town. Drives a silver one just like mine but he put some huge decal on his windshield and put some ugly-ass rims on it. It went from nice to rice.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I know every one I come accrost on an RL, (and no I don't wave at every saturn I see on the road, I would have to be put in the short bus if that was the case :p ) is not going to be a big car person like me but it never hurts to check.
TransAm52804 said:
I give honks, waves, revs, etc to other Firebird/Trans Am/Camaro guys all the time. RARELY do I ever get anything back though: of course half the people driving them don't even realize that Firebirds and Camaros are the exact same damn car, so I guess I shouldn't expect any of them to be car fans. Usually the ones that do respond back are slightly modded, so you know that they know what's going on.
I did the same thing in my SS and very rarely got any response. I never had it happen in my Typhoon because, well, I never seen another one on the road, ever.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
When I drive my old Vette, I get waves and honks from other Vette owners, never really got it much in my Camro. Once in a while someone driving an older one, mine was a 90 so not exactly antique, would honk and wave. In the Vette though, you feel like you have to drop everything and wave, something like 95% of them wave or honk at me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That happened to me a week ago and I started to post a thread about it and decided not to. Silver RL just like mine, he was behind me and we pulled into the same parking lot. I was with my wife and daughter so I know I didnt look like a short bus stalker, but after I said "hey" he looked at me like I had the plague. **** it didnt lose any sleep over it but still I met Black04RL, for the first time, at the post office the other day and shit we talked for about 45 minutes. I didnt want to suck his ass or let him **** my wife just a nod or a glance.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Where is your RL sprit? I know half of us probably are say oh shit I thought I was the only RL in town. Dam that sucks then a few seconds oh cool who is that....Personal I would rather have the only RL in town. Then do a little traveling to meet guys with RL and then waving at them. But I would not give a cold shoulder if I saw one running around town.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my husband has a Red 300Z...man those guys are like a cult....you see one and all they do is wave and honk....ppl look at my redline and seem interested...especially when I pull away from em....muwhaaaaaaaaa.......lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts