Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I did "Urban's Performance Car Reviews" a while ago when my dad brought home an '06 Vette with some new, secret technology (not really NEW, just new for the Vettes) so I wrote a review about it. Well, I come home from work tonight and there's a beautiful little Solstice sitting in my driveway. So I'm going to get behind the wheel tomorrow, and some pics as well. My question is, does anybody care? Did anybody read that thread? Or am I just giving my fingers undue wear & tear?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, Venom, it's only the 2.4L, not the turbo. Those are still in development, he doesn't get those, only the production models that are about to come out.

The reason I ask if anybody will read it is, if there's one thing I want to do besides make movies, it's write for a magazine like Road and Track or Car and Driver. I know most of those guys are engineers as well as journalists, but I think I have enough of a grasp. I also kind of wanted people to critique my writing style & stuff. I'll definitely write the review, and get pics as well.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Yes, I did "Urban's Performance Car Reviews" a while ago when my dad brought home an '06 Vette with some new, secret technology (not really NEW, just new for the Vettes) so I wrote a review about it. Well, I come home from work tonight and there's a beautiful little Solstice sitting in my driveway. So I'm going to get behind the wheel tomorrow, and some pics as well. My question is, does anybody care? Did anybody read that thread? Or am I just giving my fingers undue wear & tear?

I look forward to reading your review!
(damn! you're a lucky ass!)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, write up a review! I am waiting to see one myself. I doubt they will last long at our local dealer. Lucky for me I drive by it every day on my way to and from work.

·
Registered
556 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
...The reason I ask if anybody will read it is, if there's one thing I want to do besides make movies, it's write for a magazine like Road and Track or Car and Driver. I know most of those guys are engineers as well as journalists, but I think I have enough of a grasp. I also kind of wanted people to critique my writing style & stuff....
I will tell you that your avatar is not on my "cringe" list since you have a history of writing clear and legible posts. I mean some of these posts are on here read like a second-grader wrote them and are just impossible to get through.

I think you got a good chance.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i think you did an excellent job on the last one, make this one as detailed as you can though, i'm looking forward to hearing about the driving dynamics of the kappa chassis compared to our cars, and TAKE SOME PICS, lots of them...

top up, top down, trunk space (most desireable), and engine bay if you can. if you do you'll be the man!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I read the Vette one, but there's not much to comment on there... it's a Vette! :D

The Solstice reflects the Sky, which alot of people want here. Anyone else notice that the Magnaflow website already has a part number for the Sky Catback exhast??? Talk about on the ball.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I enjoyed reading your Vette one and I'm sure I will enjoy this one as well. Plus I really want to see some pictures.

·
Registered
610 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
... if there's one thing I want to do besides make movies, it's write for a magazine like Road and Track or Car and Driver. I know most of those guys are engineers as well as journalists, ...
All plastics engineers in fact. They can always tell the quality of plastic with just a glance.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, an update: I didn't get to drive the car last night, my dad got home 4 minutes before I had to leave for work (I got called in) so I had to snap some really quick pictures and just jet. I'll probably drive it Saturday morning, because I'm working tonite until midnight, and my dad just doesn't stay up that late (he has to be in the car when I'm driving it, GM rules). The pictures will be up shortly, I can't find the cable to upload the pics for the LIFE of me.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Well, an update: I didn't get to drive the car last night, my dad got home 4 minutes before I had to leave for work (I got called in) so I had to snap some really quick pictures and just jet. I'll probably drive it Saturday morning, because I'm working tonite until midnight, and my dad just doesn't stay up that late (he has to be in the car when I'm driving it, GM rules). The pictures will be up shortly, I can't find the cable to upload the pics for the LIFE of me.
engine/trunk shots?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts