Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the saturn dealer today getting recall done and they had two red Comp pkg Redlines. They drive real nice. I'm kinda starting to like the boost guage on them. It has the shifts lights right on them. But I still think they are to big. But the LSD...OH you can feel the difference. Oh my. I was thinking about trading mine in to get one, but I will wait for the SKY.

·
Registered
415 Posts
myredline said:
I was at the saturn dealer today getting recall done and they had two red Comp pkg Redlines. They drive real nice. I'm kinda starting to like the boost guage on them. It has the shifts lights right on them. But I still think they are to big. But the LSD...OH you can feel the difference. Oh my. I was thinking about trading mine in to get one, but I will wait for the SKY.
But but I thought they weren't shipping yet.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just got them yesterday. I don't know about all the dates of shipping but they are here in MI. Anyone close to Southgate I would head up there to see them.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Southgate . . . I have the day off tomorrow . . . do you think they'll let me trade in my lease for one of the comp package ones? I'll pay the extra a month for the overage.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I think the black would look the best in the comp package. The rims would match the most, IMO.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That makes me quite angry! I've had an order in for a comp. package redline for almost 4 months now, and the build date on my car isn't until june 27th. My dealer said that was the earliest they could get it. If either one of those cars is close to what i want i'm going to make my dealer do a dealer trade to them.

One question, any idea of they are '05s or '06s? The one they are building for me will be an '06, which (according to my dealer) will the be first comp. packages. They said no '05s were made... but i have a feeling that's a bunch of BS!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well generally from commericals I have seen 06's start to come out at the end of this month and since the production was halted on RL's due to what other members are saying about the tranny, yours could be an 06 Comp Pkg. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh, i know MINE will be an 06, what i was wondering is if the two at the dealership were 05's or 06's. I was told they weren't going to make any '05 comp. packages, which is why my order was delayed some. If that isn't the case, i might be buying my car from a different dealership.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Southgate . . . I have the day off tomorrow . . . do you think they'll let me trade in my lease for one of the comp package ones? I'll pay the extra a month for the overage.
Well if you go by at least get some pictures, if the car exists.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i was just reading this on saturn fans heres the link http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54538 there are several 05 comp package cars out there you just have to find them. i would like to know how many they made. i think we have a member that works at spring hill hopefully he will see this thread and chime in

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Saturn of Lakeside has a silver one. I haven't checked it out yet, but I think I am going to swing by in the morning and take a look. BTW stick price on it is $ 24960.00

Vehicle Options:
POWER SUNROOF, FEDERAL EMISSION, FLOOR MATS, SATURN ADVANCED AUDIO SYSTEM, XM RADIO, AERO-WING SPOILER, AIR CONDITIONING, AM/FM STEREO WITH 6 CD AND MP3, BLACK CLOTH, SILVER NICKEL

·
Registered
493 Posts
I told everybody on another thread that the Comp Pckg Red Lines would be hitting dealerships this week, but nobody pays attention to the little guy. Anyway, all the Comp Pckgs coming out right know should be 05's from what i've been told. I was also told that the 06's wouldn't be going into production till the second half of the year.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
I just went and looked at the red one at Southgate. Those wheels look nice. I should have stolen the tranny when I was there... ;)
Haha, your under the car a salesman comes up to. "Can I help you sir?"..."No thats okay, I am helping myself right now"..."Sir you can't just take the tranny out of a car that you don't own"..."Oh watch me"..."I will have to ask you to leave our property"...."I am going to take the tranny and...WHATS THAT OVER THERE..A VETTE!?!?" (you point)..."Huh?"....and you scamper away laughing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You did it completely wrong. You don't point and say "is that a vette?" You can't ask a question like that and sound like an intelligent individual. You have to yell really loud "Holy crap! It's something big and distracting!" point, and then runaway. I've gotten away with many a transmission with that method.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yea, now that I read it...it kinda of sucks. I should've yelled..."HOLY CRAP, A TORNADO IS FORMING RIGHT BEHIND YOU...LOOK!!!!"...hey, we had a tornado watch/warning for 9 hours yesterday.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I like to 'test drive' cars when I steal the tranny out of it. Take the comp Redline for a nice 2 hour test drive. Bring it back with my tranny in it. I'll take the Vette to test drive the Redline, and tell them I might trade it in for one. Just gotta make sure that I go to one of the dealerships where they don't know me.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts