Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post a few quick pics and say how great my new shift lights and boost gauge work and look. After less than a week with the shift light setup, I wonder how i could have gone so long with out them. It feels good to see a light flash and hit my shifts exactly when i want to.

Note the Comp. Shift Lights & Boost Gauge will work with all model year Redlines / CobaltSS computers. I am living proof that with the correct pinouts and connectors it is simply a plug and play device. The equipment works perfect, but the install would have be near impossible for most without all the OEM connectors and pinouts.

MI guys, I have a friend who is putting together an install kit, and he would be willing to install equipment and supply install kit for free (i.e. beer). I imagine the kit will be in the $50 price range for every one else. Please post here if there is any interest in either getting a free install in MI or interest in having a install kit put together.

I will try and get some better pics this week and maybee some with the shift lights in action. The current pics were foggy because it is hot as fuk today and my lens was fogging up

Attachments

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Damn I wish I would have know about this a few weeks ago. I got the ladder tach working in mine but I didn't even bother trying the boost gague, I just used a mechanical one.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
That is nice. So you got it working on a 04. I knew it was possible but wasnt sure on how to do it myself. Nice job and YOU RULE!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Signals said:
That sounds great. I'm interested in a ready made harness. Would be a lot easier that way.
Correct. A ready made harness would be tons better than trying to do it without, especially for those of us wiring inclined.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm in s/e Michigan. I've been thinking of doing this but I have a 2004 and I think that limits me to a mechanical boost guage anyway. I do have $100 credit at my local Saturn dealer to use.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
So the ports on the ECM WERE putting out the correct signals after all? Did you have to do anything other than what other people tried, or did you use a different set of ports than they did. I know someone hooked it up, and it just fluttered around, did they use the wrong hookups?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Has you ECU been touched at all? Updates, etc? Do you have a part number on your ECU? I wonder if it was one of those mid-model switches, ya know, the last of the '04s have the same ECU as the '05s?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was one of the early RLs my build date was 4/21/2004, i will check the exact pins i hooked up to if you guys want a double check but my main intention of the thread was to check interest of making an install kit.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I like the idea of being able to put the ladder tach in, but would much rather a mechanical boost gague than the OEM electrical one.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I would like to install the OEM. I'm just waiting on all the dust to settle to make sure it is simple and all together possible.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well, is it possible to use an aftermarket boost gauge (autometer) and use the OEM ladder tach?? if so then i possibly would be interested...just fill me

·
Registered
524 Posts
amishland said:
so there is no more interest in an install kit?
No, I think there is still a lot of interest. I'm just waiting on details from you. I have a hook up at the dealer, so getting the parts cheaper wouldn't be a problem...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
No, I think there is still a lot of interest. I'm just waiting on details from you. I have a hook up at the dealer, so getting the parts cheaper wouldn't be a problem...

Tom

+1

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, what would you be making the kit for? It seems that there's a range of needs. Unless people start pulling off the steering column, they aren't even sure if they need a kit yet...

1 - 20 of 216 Posts