Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
true true

too short my ass
 

·
Moderator Kitteh!
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I'd rather have too big than too small.
THATS WHATaSHE SAID!!! ;)
 

·
Moderator Kitteh!
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Hey amishland, I'm going to need one of your fine tuned kits also but I only need 1/2 just the part that makes the ladder tach work. I'm thinking I'm going to order it from you on friday cuz thats when my slow a$$ students loans will probaly feel like going into my bank account.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
amish, again it is aweasome of you to make a kit like this.

us 04s wouldnt even have this option if it wasnt for you, very very cool.

keith-
 

·
I
Joined
·
7,839 Posts
OK so i am impatient and don't want to read through the couple of threads about the gauge. Exactly what do you need to install this gauge? Just the gauge assembly and then the connectors from Amishland? Is that all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
all4glh said:
OK so i am impatient and don't want to read through the couple of threads about the gauge. Exactly what do you need to install this gauge? Just the gauge assembly and then the connectors from Amishland? Is that all?
that is all you need
and then you will become one with the universe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Is there anyway you can just order the shift light assembly. I really do not want the boost gage. Is there anyway to remove the boost gage from the panel if I cannot order it seperately? I would much rather place an interceptor gage in the boost gages place since it monitors boost and a ton of other things.

Thanks,

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
all4glh said:
OK so i am impatient and don't want to read through the couple of threads about the gauge. Exactly what do you need to install this gauge? Just the gauge assembly and then the connectors from Amishland? Is that all?
Get patient and read the threads... There is a ton of info in there that will keep you from screwing things up.. Pay close attention to the thread by amishland...

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Amishland, clean out your PM's, I've got a question for you regarding the install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
when he replys can you post the results in this post, i would like to hear any inseight he may have
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
speedingredline said:
The kit is great, if you can't print the destructions in color, have a laptop handy. If it wasn't for the routing of the wires through the firewall. It would have only taken like 30 minutes. I couldn't figure out how to route the wires through the fender, but I'm dumb. When inserting the white wire, be careful its hard to get in there. I have slender hands so the work with the fuse box in the cabin wasn't a problem. If you have big hands its gonna be tight
How did you go through the firewall? I don't quite get the fender/door thing either. I have all the rest hooked up no prob., but can't settle on how to go about running the white and black wires from the engine bay to the cabin. Advice from anyone who has completed the install through the door/fender or the firewall would be cool. I'm just picky and don't want anything to be less than the best I can do. Any pics of the completed door hinge area would help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
Fineline said:
How did you go through the firewall? I don't quite get the fender/door thing either. I have all the rest hooked up no prob., but can't settle on how to go about running the white and black wires from the engine bay to the cabin. Advice from anyone who has completed the install through the door/fender or the firewall would be cool. I'm just picky and don't want anything to be less than the best I can do. Any pics of the completed door hinge area would help.

I went thru the firewall, right behind the clutch pedal,
just carefully start the hole with a small screwdriver to pierce the rubber grommet.
then I taped the wire to a piece of coat-hanger and fished it thru.
it was easy.

in my attached pic, the ugly-ass green wire is for my Raptor shift light. I'm contemplating re-routing that one.
you can see the black wire bundle for the oem ladder tach is running up alongside the other black cable going thru that grommet.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
my_bd said:
I went thru the firewall, right behind the clutch pedal,
just carefully start the hole with a small screwdriver to pierce the rubber grommet.
then I taped the wire to a piece of coat-hanger and fished it thru.
it was easy.

in my attached pic, the ugly-ass green wire is for my Raptor shift light. I'm contemplating re-routing that one.
you can see the black wire bundle for the oem ladder tach is running up alongside the other black cable going thru that gommet.
Awsome, and thank you very much for the pic. Now I know where to poke through. Does that go straight through, or up, or what? It will come out just behind the shock tower somehow right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
Fineline said:
Awsome, and thank you very much for the pic. Now I know where to poke through. Does that go straight through, or up, or what? It will come out just behind the shock tower somehow right?
yep, straight thru
just grab the coat hanger as it comes thru the other side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
That kit from amishland was great. Had no problems at all. Thanks amishland for a great kit.

my_bd...I also went thru the firewall, right behind the clutch pedal. Thanks for the idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
man, i was driving with the girl, she said "why arent the lights going off?"

i said im shifting to early, and i down shifted to 2nd and hit the gas a little, we were going down a steep hill so it must have felt faster than it really was, anyway she wasnt too happy.

on another note i got a new cell phone pocket for my car (my old one had a hole in it from the old vacum line and scraches from the bracket for the old boost gauge.)

with the new pocket replaced and lots of finish 2001 interior shine, my 04 looks like one off the showroom floor, very clean install.

i saw an 06 today, i like my blue better, and the painted wheels arent very eye catching

keith-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
everyone should get the gauge setup, its aweasome

keith-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
Anyone know if the part # is the same in canada (different gauge...damn kpa) as it is in the states? I guess I could always order one from saturn of cary (I think thats right, the vendor one) and get psi, but it's nice to buy it from a local shop and have it in hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
CARy wont treat you wrong, good guys up there,

keith-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
New question, if I were to buy the american version (psi gauge) obviously with amishlands (spelling?..sorry, to lazy to scroll up) does it work on a canadian redline? (dumb question, but I am a money whorer so I like to know all the details before I buy things except food).
 
181 - 200 of 216 Posts
Top