Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
its an investment, but i would say that a boost signal is a boost signal and i feel it would work.

if you look at your harness, PCM) and see that one lonely hole waiting for a boost gauge, i think that would seal the deal.

good luck bro, DO IT!

keith-

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Hmmm, now if only I could get the LSD for 167+shipping, I'd have the competition pkg parts I want without the gun metal rims....lol. Now, how to ask father for this for xmas..."Dad, I am buying a ladder tach/boost gauge, please pay me back for xmas, kthnxbye"

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
XeroState said:
Anyone know if the part # is the same in canada (different gauge...damn kpa) as it is in the states? I guess I could always order one from saturn of cary (I think thats right, the vendor one) and get psi, but it's nice to buy it from a local shop and have it in hand.
Part number is different for Canada, for the reasons you state- kPa instead of psi
But the gage itself is all that's different so replacing it with a USA gage should work fine.

WOT

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
psi sounds better anyway ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Amishland, are you still selling the wiring harness? I just bought the Boost Gauge for my 06 and do not see any harnesses already made for it in the steering column.

I know you started making these things like 3 months ago but make one more please!!!! PM me back.

·
Registered
210 Posts
bump bump

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
I bought the guage/tach set last week and sent a message to amishland...he told me he was out of harnesses right now and he would be out of town for the next couple of weeks and he would have to make more harnesses when he gets back...so me and the inactive tach/guage sitting atop my steering column are both waiting patiently:) ...well...impatiently:D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I have a question as sooner or later (hopefully late late december, early jan) I will be getting the boost gauge/ladder tach and amishlands harnass for my 04. Does his harness come with instructions to install it? (I am sure this is covered somewhere, but I am really lazy right now and bored so I thought I'd post it...plus then others can see the answer too)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
yes I will be making more harness's when I return.

Yes the kits come with detailed instructions, some of the guys who have recieved my kit can add their comments on it.

I can take a few orders next week, I will not however ship until the following week. PM and we can sort things out.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Sweet, well I'll PM you when I have ordered the gauge as I will be using xmas money or xmas gift from dad...so until then I won't need your services, but thanks for the prompt reply.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
amishland said:
yes I will be making more harness's when I return.

Yes the kits come with detailed instructions, some of the guys who have recieved my kit can add their comments on it.

I can take a few orders next week, I will not however ship until the following week. PM and we can sort things out.
Yes, Amish is dead on. His kit has color photo's and detailed instructions. Its real easy to hook up with a little common sense. The only problem I had was the first gauge that was sent to me was defective. Once I got my replacement gauge it has all worked flawlessly. The kit is well worth the cash.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just wanted to post a few quick pics and say how great my new shift lights and boost gauge work and look. After less than a week with the shift light setup, I wonder how i could have gone so long with out them. It feels good to see a light flash and hit my shifts exactly when i want to.

Note the Comp. Shift Lights & Boost Gauge will work with all model year Redlines / CobaltSS computers. I am living proof that with the correct pinouts and connectors it is simply a plug and play device. The equipment works perfect, but the install would have be near impossible for most without all the OEM connectors and pinouts.

MI guys, I have a friend who is putting together an install kit, and he would be willing to install equipment and supply install kit for free (i.e. beer). I imagine the kit will be in the $50 price range for every one else. Please post here if there is any interest in either getting a free install in MI or interest in having a install kit put together.

I will try and get some better pics this week and maybee some with the shift lights in action. The current pics were foggy because it is hot as fuk today and my lens was fogging up

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 Ion Redline with this kit installed in it. I wish to remove it. Anyone happen to have the instillation instructions that I could see to reverse the process? Also I am willing to sell the stuff if anyone is in the market.

·
I
7,839 Posts
Try looking here? Might give you an idea of where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 Ion Redline with this kit installed in it. I wish to remove it. Anyone happen to have the instillation instructions that I could see to reverse the process? Also I am willing to sell the stuff if anyone is in the market.
Out of curiosity how much?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry for the delay all. I finally decided to dig in and clean up all the wiring and get this Redline back on the road. I left the gauge I stalled after I learned that it was a factory installed item.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts