Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
OK installed the wiring and kit.. What am I supposed to see on the boost gauge---

at idle and on highway driving. WIll test tomorrow

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
redline said:
OK installed the wiring and kit.. What am I supposed to see on the boost gauge---

at idle and on highway driving. WIll test tomorrow
Idle Vacuum: 20 inHg
Closed Throttle Engine braking: 22 inHg
Idle-AC ON: 18 inHg
Boost: WOT 5800rpm 12psi avg. (3rd and 4th gear)

Mark

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks--looks good. Also, how do you set the ladder gauge. I want to lower the shift points.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
redline said:
Thanks--looks good. Also, how do you set the ladder gauge. I want to lower the shift points.
Knobs on the back of the pod, 1 click counter clockwise will will lower by 100 rpm. That info is in the 05 owners manual, not sure of the 04 book...

Mark

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
redline said:
glad to see it worked for you, I will have a few more wiring kits ready this WED.

·
Registered
384 Posts
amishland said:
glad to see it worked for you, I will have a few more wiring kits ready this WED.

Amishland----great job--well worth the money.

Question the pink wire to position 30---where in the heck is thirty since
the wire block is not numbered. I looked at at the picture and it looked
like the wire was in between the two large orange ones and the small yellow.

It's working so I guessed correctly??

·
Registered
384 Posts
I really must be stupid---but here goes. The knobs on the back. Where is zero--bottom or top

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
just picked up my boost gauge/ladder tach today,
looks great!

now all i need is a wire harness from amishland and i'll be good to go!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
redline said:
Amishland----great job--well worth the money.

Question the pink wire to position 30---where in the heck is thirty since
the wire block is not numbered. I looked at at the picture and it looked
like the wire was in between the two large orange ones and the small yellow.

It's working so I guessed correctly??
Mine had the number printed on one end of each row. So you had to count left or right to get to the number you wanted. If it's working right, it's hooked up right!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Amishland, did you get my PM? Is it to late to get in on one of your kits?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Mine had the number printed on one end of each row. So you had to count left or right to get to the number you wanted. If it's working right, it's hooked up right!
Maybe I need better glasses---or less beer.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
redline said:
Maybe I need better glasses---or less beer.
I would get better glasses....... :D

Mark

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Fineline said:
Amishland, did you get my PM? Is it to late to get in on one of your kits?
I just sent you a reply, I have your kit ready, and will take a few more PMs if there is interest. Remember guys these take me a few hours in front of the TV watching football on the weekends so give me some notice if you want a kit.

I will give out ship dates now when I recieve payment for the kits. This will allow me to stay up to date with the changing demand for harness kits.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
so our cluster has to come out for this install?

keith-

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
so our cluster has to come out for this install?

keith-
No, not at all. Just have to remove the original steering column cover, run the 2 wires to the engine bay, and run a couple of power wires to the right side of the console. Right area next to the passenger's feet, sorta like where the fuse box is in relation to the driver's feet. Done.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
amaizing! i guess ill just kill the wires from my manual boost gauge.

and id need to buy a new vacumn line for the manifold where i tapped in with the t fitting.

any idea what size tube it is?

keith-

thanks spooner for the reply

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
If you're talking about the comp package, you don't need anything other than the gauge, and the harness. The two wires that run to the engine area get all the signals right from the PCM, for boost and rpm.

OH! You're talking about replacing the current line that you already tapped into! That's a pain in the ass, I guessed twice, and was wrong both times. The second one was just a LITTLE bit too big, but I used it and just made sure I had a zip tie on each end. It popped off on me once before I clamped it. The hose I used was actually made for windshield washer fluids. I picked up that, and one meant for vacuum line, and the vacuum line 'kit' was a little too small.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
i wonder if saturn sells that part. but its not really a part, just vacum line, ok. so just play the guessing game like you did?

keith-

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
i wonder if saturn sells that part. but its not really a part, just vacum line, ok. so just play the guessing game like you did?

keith-
You could cut a small piece of the hose and take it in with you. That's what I did the first time, and then the moron at the parts store gave me one that was smaller. It looked similar, but it was smaller. I'd rather have too big than too small.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts