Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a Competition RL package at a dealer yet? When are they planning on rolling these out? I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon with the field engineer who represents the Southeastern states to discuss all my problems and see if they will offer me a new vehicle or if I'm filing a Lemon Law claim. As we will be driving for about an hour together, I plan on picking his brain about the release of this new version of our car, as well as other plans for these cars. I'll let you all know what he shares (if anything).

·
Registered
754 Posts
Pick his brain for all the info you can get then scare the crap out of him by doing some wild driving.

·
Registered
168 Posts
they should be out by late april

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
jfelser said:
Has anyone seen a Competition RL package at a dealer yet? When are they planning on rolling these out? I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon with the field engineer who represents the Southeastern states to discuss all my problems and see if they will offer me a new vehicle or if I'm filing a Lemon Law claim. As we will be driving for about an hour together, I plan on picking his brain about the release of this new version of our car, as well as other plans for these cars. I'll let you all know what he shares (if anything).

No Car company offers a new car. I'd bet you'd have to file a Lemon Law suit.

But, Please pick his brain about the Competition Package.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Tell him about this forum and ask him if he or anyone official like would be willing to read and post at this site to address all our issues.

dp

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well I was wondering about this too, considering Im into picking up an 05 with the option on..if its coming out in april..thats probably about perfect timing for me.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Never mind the competition package, go for the intel on the up-coming performance upgrade.

It should be out by the first week of April.

·
Registered
196 Posts
jfelser said:
I asked someone who worked at the plant and they told me that the Red Lines with the Competition Package are scheduled to begin production in the first or second week of April. The plant has not been building any Red Line coupes at all lately, but that will change this week or next.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can't you fit a Redline at a dealer with one around that time? Thats what im hoping, I wouldnt be in the mood to wait for an already fitted Redline with the package.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've been doing some hard thinking today about my new purchase. I really like the RL...but I feel that I'm paying a little too much for it right now. I would much rather pay the same price with this competition package instead of having the sunroof and advanced sound, which even out to almost the same price. I'm wondering if I can try to make a deal with my salesman about giving my car back in and placing an order for a RL with the comp. package. I would have until the end of the month for the 30 day/1500mile trade in for another Saturn, which the other Saturn would be the RL with the package. It would be much more worth it with the comp. package on it for the price that I'm paying. I'm wondering if anyone else has done the replacement deal like this before. I know there's probably limits on it, so I'll be calling my salesman to see what I can do. The only concern is that I would be relying on GM to make the decision to start producing the RL's again as soon as possible, because I will need the car by the first week of May. I don't necessarily need a car until then...I'm still thinking all this out, but I will sure miss the RL for a month if this can work out. I just REALLY want that comp. package, since my salesman kept telling me that it needs to be ordered from the factory, and can't be installed at the dealership (which might not necessarily be true...)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The engineer called me today to postpone his drive with me until next week sometime. He'll call me back Monday afternoon to reschedule, so I guess I still am a RL owner for another week. I don't know whether to smile or frown :) :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
Has anyone tried ordering a redline with the competition package?

I think I'm starting the process this weekend. If my dealer can get me some good incentives and whatnot, I might be ordering one... If they're accepting orders...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts