Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know this is really off topic of a ION RL. But, I need this particular laptop and having a real hard time finding a reasonably priced one. The reason I need it is i'm going to be studying for a MAC OSX test. I'm the kind of guy who needs to work on it and then i'll get it faster. anyways

I will take any Pismo powerbook g3, 400mhz or 500mhz. I dont care how much ram it has, HDD space, if it has a airport card or not, Just as long as it works fine. I have the resources to add a bigger HDD, more memory, and install the OS/software. ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME..

·
Registered
786 Posts
Try Ebay........

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
OMG! Why would you use a Mac for anything other than a paper weight??? ;)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont want to use one, but I'm starting my own computer repair business with a buddy of mine. We need to get our Mac certifications and i'm the kind of person that needs to do this hands on to really learn about it. I know alot about Mac hardware, but know a average amount of OSX information. I'm a PC guy, i've been looking for a program that will emulate a OSX for PC but with no luck i'm put in a situation where I have to buy one that will work with the upcoming OSX 10.4 Tiger. :( I cant afford it, but I have no choice.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I think there's something available for Linux, since the new MaxOS is basically a shell running on Unix. I'm pretty sure I've heard about it. I can ask at work on Monday for you, got a few HUGE Linux guys there... I KNOW you can run Windows on a Linux box...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
redlin-er said:
Try Ebay........
I've tried Ebay, too expensive. I've tried searching local ad's, people want way too much money for them. Even for the broken powerbook g3 400mhz+ people want $200 bucks for them. It's bullshit, mac parts are expensive too. I dont know why Mac users think thier computers are like honda's. Hold thier value like crazy! I dont know where they are getting information on how to price thier computers because there isnt like a kelly blue book of computers. ??

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've got a g3 powerbook with the bronz keyboard, and DVD player with yellow dog linux installed if you're interested. make an offer. i've got all the cd's for linux, and since you'll be installing mac osX you should be good to go with this. it was top of the line at the time

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I think there's something available for Linux, since the new MaxOS is basically a shell running on Unix. I'm pretty sure I've heard about it. I can ask at work on Monday for you, got a few HUGE Linux guys there... I KNOW you can run Windows on a Linux box...
google for "maconlinux"(linux passthrough for mac running linux, running OSX) and "pearpc" (emulator for PPC on intel)

I have several PC's, and one iMac - it's running Yellow Dog Linux. :D

Oh, and the Windows on Linux you are most likely referring to is WINE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts