Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a compression tester today to help diagnose why my car sounds like a subaru.has not been move since my last thread. but i need to know what each cylinder pressure should read as a NEW motor

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
The bigger problem would be if one is reading way off.

I wouldn't be concerned if they all come up 150. You're looking for one that will be way short.

·
Boost get some.
3,261 Posts
i bought a compression tester today to help diagnose why my car sounds like a subaru.has not been move since my last thread. but i need to know what each cylinder pressure should read as a NEW motor
One of your piston's are broken or a ring hoped on top of the piston and took a ride up and down the cylinder wall. Had both those happen and they both sounded like a subaru.:mecry:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i just did the compression test on my car. I let it warm up for ten mins and the did it and i got all high numbers across. 190 190 190 187. I changed the plugs also and im still getting that screwy ass sound. any more suggestions for me to hunt down.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i do have a cel but now way of checking it. unless autozone or somebody like that is acurate enough to give me the correct reading. i had zzp rebuild my motor/ with all the goodies and a dyno tune. its been a little rich but i don't know what else to do. how do you check for a vac leak.. etc.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Carb cleaner on all the vaccum lines. Youll hear a noticeable change in idle if you have a leak.
Since your compression is good. Your next task I feel should be to find someone with a hptuner cable, figure out what the code is, and check the cars vitals.
IMO from where your at, it could be a swapped sensor, vac line connected wrong, Bad coil pack like all4glh mentioned. I dont know how close zzp is to you, But i would see if they would be willing to help you, or another local tuner.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there only two and a half hours away. i'll try my best to look for the problem myself. if a dealer hooked up to my car would that screw with my tune or just give me a reading? could i get new vac lines at autozone mine are brittle theones on and around the superchager

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Eww, no other local tuners near you?
Ya, autozone sells vac lines you can use.
Do you think you can take a few pics of your engine bay as it sits? Maybe its something physical that you havent noticed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the only thing i don't have hooked back up properly is the ground strap from the valve cover to that head. does that make a difference. the car drove fine for 2 months after the rebuild till last week. no tuners closer than that to me. im trying to get it back to running right i might need it to fall back to driving as a dd again. business isnt looking good.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts