Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering getting a new muffler for my car (may do the whole exhaust, IF I win the lotto, this muffler is expensive enough anyway!). However, just wondering if everybody thought this was worth the $375 (found one on E-bay for $275) that it would cost me, plus the $$$ to get it mounted.

I think it looks nice, and I know it would give me some better flow, but is it really worth the price?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would never ever put a fart cannon on my car. Also is the carbon fiber there for styling or weight savings? And $375 for a muffler? That seems entirely too expensive. You can get a cat-back for not much more and the cat-back will probably have a much better sounding muffler.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i got my catback done including muffler for 350 so 275 for just the muffler is not worth it imo

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The 'carbon fiber' looks like a sheet thats wrapped and riveted. That's alot for a straight-through muffler that's gonna work about as well as other straight through mufflers. I'd buy a full race Borla one, and one of their $80 muffler tips, and still be under that muffler cost. Me thinks that's for people that are blinded by the term 'carbon fiber'.

I got a dual exhuast system, and 2 mufflers for the Vette for less than the cost of that muffler. Granted, the mufflers I bought were cheap 'mock ups', but damn...

·
Registered
629 Posts
thats a bomb asss muffler i was going to get that but to much money!

ebay ?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
hehe, UMG04, not getting any love from anyone on that one...
Personally, I would go for the dual setup, like spooner and goofy

Or, what about a single muffler with two outlets, like on a maxima or something like that... Has anyone done that? Is there good flow on those?

does a cat-back include a resonator? or do you just keep the stock one?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I don't have it on the Redline, it's on my older Vette.

I don't think there's any advantage in having 2 exits, alot of those are tips that split after the muffler. Other than diameter, and some concerns of quality, one straight through muffler is gonna be 99% as effective, flow-wise, and any other straight through design. The main things that concern me, are the quality of the product, the material that it's made of, and the tone that it helps generate.

·
Registered
411 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Considering getting a new muffler for my car (may do the whole exhaust, IF I win the lotto, this muffler is expensive enough anyway!). However, just wondering if everybody thought this was worth the $375 (found one on E-bay for $275) that it would cost me, plus the $$$ to get it mounted.

I think it looks nice, and I know it would give me some better flow, but is it really worth the price?
The pipe on my motorcycle which is just a slip on is 595 bux new.
It's all polished stainless steel. I got it used for 200 :) of and email list.

I am not sure if this is a problem with car mufflers but make sure it doesn't needs to be repacked with baffling at a regular interval.

I am not a huge fan of carbon fiber on a muffler, especailly if it's gonna be under your car and pretty much un seen. I would go with just a polished metal look.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i sell hks and that is a good muffler but the price for thier stuff is ridiculous. you can get a similar muffler that looks identical for much less money. and i agree with everyone here i would not put this muffler on our cars. maybe a borla or magnaflow. i tend to like the borla's myself.

·
Registered
411 Posts
BlackRedLine said:
I have that Muffler on my RL very nice me likes...
Do you have to repack those mufflers ?

The rivets on the side we lead me to believe that they are made to open up so you can repack the blaffiling material.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think the rivits are there just to hold the disimilar materials together ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
Do you have to repack those mufflers ?

The rivets on the side we lead me to believe that they are made to open up so you can repack the blaffiling material.
No you do not have to repack the muffler...

·
Registered
563 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
I would never ever put a fart cannon on my car. Also is the carbon fiber there for styling or weight savings? And $375 for a muffler? That seems entirely too expensive. You can get a cat-back for not much more and the cat-back will probably have a much better sounding muffler.
not to be rude but i'd take the fart cannon over that exhaust any day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts