Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Conversation with my dealer

985 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  geokots 
#1 ·
Hi guys I called a new contact at my Saturn dealer and wanted your oppinion.

This guy works in the parts department but his role is to work with performance parts.

Their pricing seems reasonable but best of all...
* anything that they sell and install does not effect the warranty... they will honour it.

He's working on getting the K&N intake. He's just negotiating final pricing. I don't have the email on this system but I think the price was $370 Canadian (around $300US).

We talked about lowering springs (I would like but probably won't get).

He's working on some aftermarket fogs. They have a couple Catz HUD fogs. They're selling them at dealer cost since Catz is out of business. They are new but obviously no Warranty.

I'm going to pickup the Vue RL grill Wednesday, do a little mod and mount it.

This stuff is his job so he's promised to keep up on new items coming out. Most of what he does are performance parts for their Saabs. He did say that he expects new things coming out due to the Cobalt SS release.

* Oh yeah they do ECU reprogramming for the Saabs and will be doing RL reprogramming soon.

Do you guys agree with paying more to make sure the dealer honours the warranty?

See less See more
#3 ·
geokots said:
* Oh yeah they do ECU reprogramming for the Saabs and will be doing RL reprogramming soon.

Do you guys agree with paying more to make sure the dealer honours the warranty?
I asked about a week back about the ECU update and they told me it's not available in Canada yet...sux how we have to wait and all the guys in the US have it available. I hope an aftermarket one comes out soon.

About the warranty, I bought this car so I can add mods and learn something along the way....I'm sure they would never install anything crazy and have it protected under the warrenty.

#4 ·
Mase said:
I asked about a week back about the ECU update and they told me it's not available in Canada yet...sux how we have to wait and all the guys in the US have it available. I hope an aftermarket one comes out soon.

About the warranty, I bought this car so I can add mods and learn something along the way....I'm sure they would never install anything crazy and have it protected under the warrenty.
Which update did you ask about? I hope it's not the cold start one because that's been available for quite a while.

Regarding the warranty... they said that they will sell proven technology that has been tested and proved to be reliable such as K&N products. Their ECU reprogram won't effect the warranty. We even talked about a pully change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.