Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changes my crank sensor and was wondering if anyone else has done theirs. Just had p0335 error code my sensor was kinda wet when I pulled it should it have been? Is that was caused the code? If so this on will problem do same thing soon.

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Crank shaft sensor should be dry. Had engine oil or brake fluid on it?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crank shaft sensor should be dry. Had engine oil or brake fluid on it?
I think I was oil I just got rhe car not long ago. Gave me only p0335 how can brake fluid get on it cause I changed the clutch master, the pedal itself and the clutch elbow (the block with the bleeder) and also got a new clutch pipe and took the seal off the nipple I don't know for sure if it was leaking fluid into bell housing I'm 99 percent sure I stopped the leak

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
I was wrong. Brake fluid can't. I was thinking the wrong spot. Oil would be the only thing. And come to think of it, sensor is in the crank case. Oil would be normal

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I was oil I just got rhe car not long ago. Gave me only p0335 how can brake fluid get on it cause I changed the clutch master, the pedal itself and the clutch elbow (the block with the bleeder) and also got a new clutch pipe and took the seal off the nipple I don't know for sure if it was leaking fluid into bell housing I'm 99 percent sure I stopped the leak
Everybody says mixed things its mounted just above the starterinto the block its not external so I think it maybe normal no one seems to know

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't soaked I was just wondering if it was supposed to have any on it or not I knew it was in part of the crank or bell housing can really tell us right above the starter into the block that was the only code it was giving me the p0335. Was being finicky on startups having to use starting fluid fixed that fix the clutch pad all just going through all the things in it it has a lot of miles on it 220 but now it runs great no codes only needs brakes and suspension on struts ball joints and tie rods are good. I was surprised how peppy and fast that car is

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
It's been a long time since I've done one. I seem to remember mine looking slightly burnt. It's a magnetic sensor. Oil residue would make sense.
At that mileage, probably a good idea to look at the timing chain, too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts