Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone implemented any of the cargo nets or centre consoles?

After a visit to my dealer I've determined that there are nets available for the trunk ($49.94 [Canadian]), seat ($53.86) and centre stack ($39.99). I have also seen some cheaper items available through aftermarket (eg. http://saturn.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod548_549_4638.php).

I tend to keep automotive supplies (such as windshield washer fluid, tire cleaner, armour-all wipes [who knew that there were 4 different types?], water spritzer, shammies, towels, glass cleaner, ice scraper, etc. :eek: ) in the vehicle and they have a penchant for flying around (despite being in a box) under spirited driving. In the interests of keep the rattling and thumps to a minimum, I am thinking of making some interior purchases and am curious as to whether there is a difference between the quad-coupe and sedan offerings as well as how well the aftermarket parts fit and if there are any good deals to be had.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought a cargo net for the trunk from the dealer was like $20 or less..

It opens on the top, V shaped net, so you can put stuff inbetween, it doesnt do great for putting stuff between net and trunk space, except for like gal size of milk and water...

Xau

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought the cargo net from the dealer when I picked my RL... was about $25.

Be aware that some of the stadard Ion stuff doesn't fit the RL.... things like the seatback organizer and seatback net don't fit the Recaro buckets we have... from the pisture, I'd guess the console organizer would also not work.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Xau said:
I have http://saturn.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod548_558_4629.php the Armrest thing, its nice it slides, I cant slide it up and shift, but its at a comfortable position, for longer trips..

and the little extra storage..

Xau
Do you mean that in the position shown in the photo that you link to, that you can't shift? Also, how was the color match? Any possibility of taking a phoyto of what it looks like in your RL? If it looks good and works okay, I would like something like that.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Xau,
Thanks for the photos... the fit even with the slide forward isn't too bad. How much did that cost? Do you recall the part number/description? Self-install or dealer install?

·
Registered
252 Posts
It was on the car i bought - I didnt buy from saturn - got from Hynudai Dealer.

So i dont know the individual price on the center console thing.

Xau

·
Registered
296 Posts
Xau said:
It was on the car i bought - I didnt buy from saturn - got from Hynudai Dealer.

So i dont know the individual price on the center console thing.

Xau
So, this center console thing is NOT installed in a Redline?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Xau said:
its a redline
You bought a Saturn ION Redline from a Hyundai dealer? How did you manage that? :confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nikon 5700

Work's Camera - cheap one...
We have an 8700 at work too. Both get used for the pro photos for catalogs we do. I like it. and if you hold it, it is comfortable (unlike some of the make it small) cameras

Xau

1 - 16 of 16 Posts