Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
I'm glad you're alright Icon and sorry for the loss of your car but,things will work out for the best, they always do, bro. I worked in a body shop for 13 yrs, if there's anything I can halp you with (questions about things you don't understand) let me know. Insurance people can be coniveing.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
ion/gone...top out your speedo or take down that pic...that is VERY slow (looks about 140kph if I am not mistaken..could be a bit off). Top it out and take a pic, much more convincing of speed.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
XeroState said:
ion/gone...top out your speedo or take down that pic...that is VERY slow (looks about 140kph if I am not mistaken..could be a bit off). Top it out and take a pic, much more convincing of speed.
[threadjack] Xero, if you read the quote, he says it's more fun getting to 100mph than going 100mph. And since you know how much 'fun' it is going from 100-140mph (too lazy/tired/buzzed to convert that to kmh for you right now) in our cars, I'd say his pic + quote is accurate. After 100mph in our car, it takes a little while to get to the 140 mark or anything earlier, but up to the 100, it's a lot funner :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Umm, it doesn't take long to go from 100mph to 140mph (thats what, 140kph to 220kph? Some where in there). It really doesn't take that long, unless your loaded down with weight inside the car (hell, 4th gear takes you WAY past 100mph and it pulls the whole way, hell 5th pulls). In a stretch of just under a mile (thats ONE mile..measured using google earth, pretty damn accurate) I can go from 45kph (62mph = 100mph..roughly) to the end of the speedo with a little room to spare (if I am alone in the car).

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Thanks for sticking up for me jpapa.:D Xero do you want my car to end up like Icon's. california doesn't have a lot of clear strait aways to reach 140mph safely. Take a look at freakazoids aviator. that is the end result a lot of times. If I ever get a safe chance to give it a run I will do it just for you Xero.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
ION/GONE said:
I'm glad you're alright Icon and sorry for the loss of your car but,things will work out for the best, they always do, bro. I worked in a body shop for 13 yrs, if there's anything I can halp you with (questions about things you don't understand) let me know. Insurance people can be coniveing.
Overall, the insurance people seem fine so far. I have been informed that since there is no evidence of other vehicles being involved, I am technically at fault, which is not optimal for me. I don't have any record, so hopefully my insurance rates will not increase too much.

How long does it usually take to process a claim?

The adjustor handling my case is difficult to get a hold of; I've left a message with him almost every day for a week and have yet to receive a response or update. To top it off, I was contacted by the vehicle rental agency requesting the return of their vehicle, which was a bit of a surprise.

I did manage to speak to another adjustor who informed me that the vehicle rentals are typically made for a set period of time and renewed as required. She said that she would handle the renewal, so at least transportation is covered for now.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
ION/GONE said:
Thanks for sticking up for me jpapa.:D Xero do you want my car to end up like Icon's. california doesn't have a lot of clear strait aways to reach 140mph safely. Take a look at freakazoids aviator. that is the end result a lot of times. If I ever get a safe chance to give it a run I will do it just for you Xero.:rolleyes:
Haha, no. I don't want anyone to crash their cars, even if I hate the person (car deserves better, even if it's a crappy car). Find some backroad highway or unused road (don't know if any exist where you live).

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Icon said:
Overall, the insurance people seem fine so far. I have been informed that since there is no evidence of other vehicles being involved, I am technically at fault, which is not optimal for me. I don't have any record, so hopefully my insurance rates will not increase too much.

The adjustor handling my case is difficult to get a hold of; I've left a message with him almost every day for a week and have yet to receive a response or update. To top it off, I was contacted by the vehicle rental agency requesting the return of their vehicle, which was a bit of a surprise.

I did manage to speak to adjustor who informed me that the vehicle rentals are typically made for a set period of time and renewed as required. She said that she would handle the renewal, so at least transportation is covered for now.
that's what i was saying about better to hit the person because of what ends up happening. because there was no evidence, you're at fault completely and your insurance rates will take a hike. if you truly have NO record though it shouldn't be TOO bad, but you will notice it.

make sure THEY keep on renewing it otherwise you're going to get screwed with having to pay for something.

the claims DO take a while sadly enough, upwards of a month depending on circumstances good luck man! also just out of my own morbid curiousity let me know what the check they cut for you is, that's the true reallife market value of the RL

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Freakazoid said:
that's what i was saying about better to hit the person because of what ends up happening. because there was no evidence, you're at fault completely and your insurance rates will take a hike. if you truly have NO record though it shouldn't be TOO bad, but you will notice it.

make sure THEY keep on renewing it otherwise you're going to get screwed with having to pay for something.

the claims DO take a while sadly enough, upwards of a month depending on circumstances good luck man! also just out of my own morbid curiousity let me know what the check they cut for you is, that's the true reallife market value of the RL
Thank you!
I was informed by my initial contact at the insurer that my insurance claim included an "anti-depreciation" option which will, hopefully, mitigate the loss in perceived value.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
careful unless you had a loan on the car that sounds like total and utter bullshit

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Icon said:

I did manage to speak to adjustor who informed me that the vehicle rentals are typically made for a set period of time and renewed as required. She said that she would handle the renewal, so at least transportation is covered for now.
It depends on how busy the adjuster is, should take a week but can take 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes you get a good adjuster who cares about his customers, sometimes you get a jack ass who hates his job & makes you feel like your bothering him. Just remember he works for you, and don't let him push you around. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Icon, sorry to hear about your car man, but if there's anything I can do, let me know. Glad to hear your ok though man. Family is more important than anything else in this world, cars are just a material item that can and always will be replaced.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Aftermath

Freakazoid said:
careful unless you had a loan on the car that sounds like total and utter bull[feces]
I just Xpress-posted my documentation to Meloche Monnex. The settlement value that they arrived at is:
=
[(Total vehicle price = $24,964)
-(Administration fee = $199)]
*(tax:gst & pst = 15%)

as opposed to their other options which included the price for a similarly equipped 2006 vehicle (more expensive) and repairing the my Ion to "as new" condition (not possible). My "Grand Touring Solution 27S" waives the deductible in the event that vehicle is deemed a complete loss, which is nice.

Since I have 72 month 0% GMAC financing, I would ideally like to have the full value sent to me and maintain my payment schedule, but I feel that this will be unlikely.

The insurance company said that they will, understandably, not reimburse me for the summer rims and tires, but that they will consider the grill for which I faxed them a recept.

I'm still waiting for Accident Benefit analyst to get back to in regards to whether or not I can get Physiotherapy but I feel that the settlement value is fair.

For anyone interested in parts, I received the dollowing message: "the vehicle is now at our salvage compound and will be auctioned off,
either for the whole vehicle, or parts. Our salvage company is Starks
Auto Sales. We will get a portion of that sale reimbursed to Meloche
Monnex."

As for a replacement vehicle, my wife is pushing for a new Relay. I'll see if I can convince her to stay with just the Vibe until the Outlook, Aura or Sky Redline are launched. This may be tempered by a increased insurance rate.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Lol you confused me when you censored my quote, I was like what the heck, a mod censored me!! :D had to check my post lol

that sounds like they gave you a REAL good deal though. How much do new ones sell for?

glad to see it worked out with them though, you're not getting screwed

and if you're able to continue the financing DEFINITELY do that, a free way to bump up your credit history would be awesome (though not probable)

good to see things worked out as much as possible with that :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
2006 Replacement Cost

Freakazoid said:
Lol you confused me when you censored my quote, I was like what the heck, a mod censored me!! :D had to check my post lol

that sounds like they gave you a REAL good deal though. How much do new ones sell for?

glad to see it worked out with them though, you're not getting screwed

and if you're able to continue the financing DEFINITELY do that, a free way to bump up your credit history would be awesome (though not probable)

good to see things worked out as much as possible with that :D
Thanks! Sorry about the censoring, I was somewhat curious to see if anyone would notice. Obviously, you're quite observant.

The base price for a similarly equipped 2006 model would be:
Ion Red Line w. SIAB $24,440
Winter Tires $ 576
Tinting $ 299

I'm not sure if this includes all the applicable freight, A/C, Fuel and Admin. fees.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I'd like to thank everyone for their support. As for an update:

-I will get reimbursed for the grill modification (extra $172.50)
-Physiotherapy will be fuly covered
-Our next vehicle will most likely be a slightly miled-out, loaded Buick Terazza (3.9L, Leather, Heated Seats, Side Airbags, DVD, MP3 / CD Changer, Remote Start, Dual Power Sliding Doors, 17" Aluminium Wheels [different lug pattern], Rear Park Assist, Univeral Home Remote, etc.)
-As compensation, my wife has suggested that we look into a Red Line Sky in a year or two

Dilemna:
-I have 4 rims and 7 stock Dunlop tires in my garage
-I received a request from another customer of Auto Accesory Zone, where I originally purchased the rims
-I believe that the mounted tires have about 7000km on them, the remaining three have about 500km each; I'll try to check for tread depth tonight
-How much should I ask for?
-Should I try to split mounted and unmounted tires for others that may have damaged sidewall or want to replace just the front tires?

Input would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Icon said:
I'd like to thank everyone for their support. As for an update:

-I will get reimbursed for the grill modification (extra $172.50)
-Physiotherapy will be fuly covered
-Our next vehicle will most likely be a slightly miled-out, loaded Buick Terazza (3.9L, Leather, Heated Seats, Side Airbags, DVD, MP3 / CD Changer, Remote Start, Dual Power Sliding Doors, 17" Aluminium Wheels [different lug pattern], Rear Park Assist, Univeral Home Remote, etc.)
-As compensation, my wife has suggested that we look into a Red Line Sky in a year or two

Dilemna:
-I have 4 rims and 7 stock Dunlop tires in my garage
-I received a request from another customer of Auto Accesory Zone, where I originally purchased the rims
-I believe that the mounted tires have about 7000km on them, the remaining three have about 500km each; I'll try to check for tread depth tonight
-How much should I ask for?
-Should I try to split mounted and unmounted tires for others that may have damaged sidewall or want to replace just the front tires?

Input would be greatly appreciated! :)

well first off Icon, congrats on that insurance settlement, your insurance company TOTALLY took care of you, what was the name of it again? That's amazing.... (that's the silver lining). although it is sad to lose you out of the RL family, maybe buy a sky rl, eh? ;) ;)

Don't be expecting to make much money on the tires and rims though, a few hundred bucks. I know there are a few people throughout that are lookin for the such, you coudl sell one of those tires to slsduke ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Freakazoid said:
...Don't be expecting to make much money on the tires and rims though; a few hundred bucks. I know there are a few people throughout that are lookin for the such, you [could] sell one of those tires to slsduke ;)
Thanks for the advice! :)

The "at new" cost of the MSR 190 American Eagle rims was approximately $640 CAD or $558 USD
The cost of 4 slightly used stock Dunlops was $506 CAD or $442 USD ( per tire, that's $127 CAD or $111 USD)

To my knowledge, the rims are undamaged and clean. As for the tires themselves, I just measured the tread depth for the mounted tires: they are 5mm, 5mm, 6mm, & 7mm.

The 3 unmounted tires are each about 7mm

It looks like I have someone locally that's interested in rims with tires; how much do you think that I should ask? If I take a 50% hit on the rims, the cost would be $848 CAD or $723 USD... or should I ask for 30% depreciation, $1000 CAD or $873 USD and see if they bite? Maybe they are on this site?:confused:

When I tired to buy just 1 Dunlop the costs quoted were in excess of $200 CAD or $175 USD. If I were to sell the unmounted tires to other Redline owners, does anyone know how much it would be economical to ship them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Icon said:
Thanks for the advice! :)

The "at new" cost of the MSR 190 American Eagle rims was approximately $640 CAD or $558 USD
The cost of 4 slightly used stock Dunlops was $506 CAD or $442 USD ( per tire, that's $127 CAD or $111 USD)

To my knowledge, the rims are undamaged and clean. As for the tires themselves, I just measured the tread depth for the mounted tires: they are 5mm, 5mm, 6mm, & 7mm.

The 3 unmounted tires are each about 7mm

It looks like I have someone locally that's interested in rims with tires; how much do you think that I should ask? If I take a 50% hit on the rims, the cost would be $848 CAD or $723 USD... or should I ask for 30% depreciation, $1000 CAD or $873 USD and see if they bite? Maybe they are on this site?:confused:

When I tired to buy just 1 Dunlop the costs quoted were in excess of $200 CAD or $175 USD. If I were to sell the unmounted tires to other Redline owners, does anyone know how much it would be economical to ship them?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Hsiu....nice compensation, I guess all this money we all pay for insurance has to end up somewhere.

I would give them to him/her for $900 flat and $800 if they take all the tires at $100 a pop.

If you get the Sky RL, I want to be there when u pick it up:D

21 - 40 of 49 Posts