Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether Saturns claimed 2933 lbs. curb weight is a base car, or loaded with options? I would think that a moon roof, side airbags, upgraded sound system, etc. would add weight.

Also, does anyone know what the redline of the ION Redline is? Thanks.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would guess with full options. The SCCA officially weighed one at 2,890 lbs for competition purposes, but the don't specify what options, or anything else, was on the car.

I would agree about the moonroof, and the airbags, the stereo is just a small amp and 2 real small speakers, maybe 5 lbs total? I have both the moonroof and the airbags. There really aren't too many options put in though. So I could see a 50+ weight difference if the SCCA weigh in was with a stripped model.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks, because I'm trying to estimate a weight to enter into the GTech. I have a stripped version of the redline. The GTech also asks for the redline of the car, and I don't have an exact figure for that either.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
6450 rpms!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Gary Perez said:
Cool, thanks, because I'm trying to estimate a weight to enter into the GTech. I have a stripped version of the redline. The GTech also asks for the redline of the car, and I don't have an exact figure for that either.

Make sure you add YOUR weight as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can get back to you about weight next month. I'm weighing my (stripped--as in no options) version of the RL at the SCCA Atwater National Tour. I'll post specifics here. I'll have overall weight and corner weights at that time. The event is the second weekend in May if anyone wants to come watch. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CSCC 148 said:
I can get back to you about weight next month. I'm weighing my (stripped--as in no options) version of the RL at the SCCA Atwater National Tour. I'll post specifics here. I'll have overall weight and corner weights at that time. The event is the second weekend in May if anyone wants to come watch. :D

Very cool, that would be very useful info for getting the most accurate reading from the GTech. I'm anxious to see whether it's all hype or really works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts