Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES THE REDLINE VUE ONLY COME IN manual like the ion RL.... (IF I DID EVER BUY ONE IT WOULD BE MANUAL) i was just wondering?????

·
Registered
296 Posts
NICHOlas said:
DOES THE REDLINE VUE ONLY COME IN manual like the ion RL.... (IF I DID EVER BUY ONE IT WOULD BE MANUAL) i was just wondering?????
You can double check the Saturn site, but my recollection is it only comes in... UGH!... automatic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
you are correct automatic only

·
Registered
296 Posts
Black04RedLine said:
Coming from a Saturn Salesman (myself) The Vue Red Line is only available in 5 speed automatic.
Let the "Powers that Be" know that Saturn would have a whole slew of customers for the Vue Redline if they offered a nice, performance-oriented 5- or 6-speed manual tranny! My wife would be number one in line!!

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
jmichna said:
Let the "Powers that Be" know that Saturn would have a whole slew of customers for the Vue Redline if they offered a nice, performance-oriented 5- or 6-speed manual tranny! My wife would be number one in line!!
That's like developing and AWD Manual gearbox for Honda. GM wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
jmichna said:
As would mine!

Josh

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It's plenty fast with the ATX, lol. I MUCH prefer a stick myself, but the VRL is plenty great with the very slick 5 speed auto.

And not all VRL's are AWD, remember. Honda does have a manual gearbox for that motor, or at least for a motor with the same bolt-ups - think Acura TL.... ;)

And the 5 speed manual is not only available with the 4 cyl, it's only available on the FWD 4 cyl. All the same, I'll admit I've thought about a completely different Vue Redline - one with an LSJ or blown L61 and FWD/manual tranny! :D Truly, though, my dream project Saturn is to have the 1st L200 Redline. 2003 L200 5 speed, LSJ, IRL wheels and L300 brakes, etc.... :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
BigBrother said:
It's plenty fast with the ATX, lol. I MUCH prefer a stick myself, but the VRL is plenty great with the very slick 5 speed auto.

And not all VRL's are AWD, remember. Honda does have a manual gearbox for that motor, or at least for a motor with the same bolt-ups - think Acura TL.... ;)

And the 5 speed manual is not only available with the 4 cyl, it's only available on the FWD 4 cyl. All the same, I'll admit I've thought about a completely different Vue Redline - one with an LSJ or blown L61 and FWD/manual tranny! :D Truly, though, my dream project Saturn is to have the 1st L200 Redline. 2003 L200 5 speed, LSJ, IRL wheels and L300 brakes, etc.... :cool:
hmmm.. I bet it'd be cake to put the LSJ into the L200 too! Pretty cool idea!

Josh

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
now that would be a sweet swap. A vue with all kinds of power if it would bolt up to the AWD auto tranny make it in the 400hp range. MMMM sleeper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yrethguad said:
Since i've been gone, that link no longer works. Do you have another?

I've been interested in making the mod, after my warranty expires.
I've got AWD, but i'm looking at possibly ripping it out, especially if the rdm takes a crap again.

Who knows. I've been joking with the thought of taking it someplace like mallet... Imagine converting it to RWD, and dropping in a 600pony mallet corvette engine!

Alas, i'll definitely need to remove my rlv from the "daily driver" list first.
Then, the sky's the limit, whatever could be possible, i'm interested in trying.
mating a 6 speed performance mt isn't all that practical, while the bcm/ecu are still in charge of ruining your fun. I mean, yes, the mt would help get over the limiter, but i'm not sure if that would be the best method.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts