Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Im new to this forum although I have owned my 07' Redline for a little over a year. I have been looking on here and finding some very usefull tips. I am trying to figure out what to do with my headlights/corners. I am going for a black/red theme with my car and am trying to do a clean, sleek look. I have seen what some of you have done and I like it. I would like to do either completly clear corners or possibly a black backround for the corners and maybe the headlights any suggestions?... I noticed the user "Pclear" was doing something similar to this but I cant get ahold of him. Does anybody have corners that they got from him? well thats my situation, and if any of you have suggestions of what would look good or how I can do things I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
welcome to the forums!!! it's about time someone else from the 916 shows up in here!!! where in sac are you?? i'm from oak park. i put together meets every now and then......for all ecotec powered cars.....you should show up to the next one. i'm trying to think of a location right now.

as for your theme......paint your corners chili pepper red (since pclear is MIA most days) and take apart your headlights (there is a how to for this on here) and paint the inner housings either chili pepper red or flat black. don't tint ur tails....you know how sac pd loves pulling people over for shit like that. get hids and some pilot super white DRL/Blinker bulbs.

Hope that helps....get back to me about the meets.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im downtown, Yeah I think the black housings would look pretty sick! I saw someone with them with a black RL on here.. Im a bit nervous doing the Chili Pepper corners cause of the cop attention(just another reason to pull me over)
as far as the taillights.. I agree, I smoked them dark on my last car and was always nervous when a cop was behind me... As far the meets that sounds pretty sweet, just hit me up when you get some details on your next place/day.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Im downtown, Yeah I think the black housings would look pretty sick! I saw someone with them with a black RL on here.. Im a bit nervous doing the Chili Pepper corners cause of the cop attention(just another reason to pull me over)
as far as the taillights.. I agree, I smoked them dark on my last car and was always nervous when a cop was behind me... As far the meets that sounds pretty sweet, just hit me up when you get some details on your next place/day.
if you paint the corners instead of tint them.....you'll be fine. it's not a law that you have to have corner lights. i have the painted headlights and clear corners on my car.....check out my cardomain page to see. i have black ones instead of silver now though...pics to come.

i'll def hit you up when the meet is set.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
yeah those would be pretty sick but kinda pricey for clear plastic
those are the pclear lenses. you actually have to modify your stock corner to make it clear. it's the only way it can be done since no one makes real clear corners for our car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you paint the corners instead of tint them.....you'll be fine. it's not a law that you have to have corner lights. i have the painted headlights and clear corners on my car.....check out my cardomain page to see. i have black ones instead of silver now though...pics to come.

i'll def hit you up when the meet is set.

Yeah... I checked out your car.. Love the headlights. Thats exactly what I want to do with mine. I like your corners too, I would just want to paint the chrome part black... Im not sure what ill do... I am kinda nervous about jackings up my headlights... Im pretty savvy with stuff like this but ive never pulled apart headlights before...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those are the pclear lenses. you actually have to modify your stock corner to make it clear. it's the only way it can be done since no one makes real clear corners for our car.
I got in touch with pclear(emailing)... and he is giving me some pointers on how to do it... a company really needs to manufacture these... there is a decent demand for them.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
it is reallllly easy to do the headlights....but i can understand your fear.

if you don't mind taking a drive up here to antioch.....there is a guy (ION/GONE on here) that will do them for you...no problem. doesn't take long at all.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
After driving a friends rl with painted corners, I noticed one thing, at nighttime other drivers can not see you if you are next to them! I almost got run off the road on more than one occasion. If I ever did anything like this, I would just smoke them, or add a small LED or something.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
here in cali....we have THE WORST laws for modifying cars. smoking any light is a no no (such as lilhomie's headlights), but painted a corner is legal because we don't require a corner marker in cali.

·
I'm hungry
6,735 Posts
I got in touch with pclear(emailing)... and he is giving me some pointers on how to do it... a company really needs to manufacture these... there is a decent demand for them.
cool send him an e-mail for me and ask him where the hell mine are!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Welcome, nice redline. Always like the reds. Unless you find the clear conors on ebay or from someone on the forum I would give up on them. May people who ordered them have not gotten them.

Have you thought about powder coating your calipers? Doing them up red looks so sick with the gunmetal rims. I have mine powdercoated red and love the look.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I ever did anything like this, I would just smoke them, or add a small LED or something.
Yeah, like Hondahater was saying cops love to pull us over around here for anything(since I have tinted front windows which is illegal im not gonna push it). I did order some white LED bulbs for the corners... I think it would look sick with clear corners.. As far as visability.. I dont think ever smoke/ paint lenses again. this is my old car http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/members/redrocket916-albums-redrocket-picture242-my-old-ride.html
I had dark smoked tail lights and nobody could see me. I had a full HID kit that was the brightest I had ever seen but I blew up one of the balast and driving around with smoked tail lights and one headlight SUCKED!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts