Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey was messing around with some ideas on blacking out the headlights, bear in mind I did this with PAINT, work laptop blows anway I think it looks pretty sick. Tell me what you think

·
Registered
710 Posts
Better in black

It looks alright on blue but I think it would look even better on black. That kind of thing seems like people would either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Get the city lights like what the hondas have. I have mine back lite with a black bulb. gives a purple glow to them....

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh here is two more ideas either complete black out or like eyebrows, someone mentioned doing it the color of the car, please mind I did all that today in PAINT, I had not the luxury of my photoshop on my work laptop.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i think it kinda sticks out bad on blue, it might look better on black, but i think the stock head light look great how they are

·
Registered
158 Posts
i dont know about you guys, but having the full 'blacked out' headlights is illegal around here. people getting busted left and right for it. down here, your headlight 'lens' has to be either clear or yellow/orange. i think you could skate away with eyebrows in a 'gray area' kind of thing, and i think it looks the best anyways. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Love the stock headlights - wouldn't change them at all...well maybe besides the bright orange daytime lamps. Too bad its illegal to change the color of the bulb in MI. :(

But would definately love to get some custom taillights!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
Love the stock headlights - wouldn't change them at all...well maybe besides the bright orange daytime lamps. Too bad its illegal to change the color of the bulb in MI. :(

But would definately love to get some custom taillights!!
yup, same here

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I wanted to black out the tails as well since we still don't have a set out and who knows if we will get a set. Anyway I was messing around again and I was thinkin what if I used a vynal that matched the car to outline them? Tell me what you think of this.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good Day!
Here's a quick sketch (using powerpoint to alter Rice Eater's picture) of a headlight design proposal that I've been toying with. Does anyone know how to go about making custom headlights? I wouldn't mind getting some ideas about how to start, whether or not the idea is feasible and if you think that it's plain ugly.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Icon said:
Good Day!
Here's a quick sketch (using powerpoint to alter Rice Eater's picture) of a headlight design proposal that I've been toying with. Does anyone know how to go about making custom headlights? I wouldn't mind getting some ideas about how to start, whether or not the idea is feasible and if you think that it's plain ugly.

i think that looks pretty sick :D that looks good on black i wonder what it would be on silver be right back ........... *opens PAINT and starts coloring*

·
Registered
8,327 Posts

yeah i think i will do this to my lights :D :p looks bad ass IMO

·
Registered
808 Posts
pclear9061 said:

that is my exact idea, and yes it looks awesome.

·
Registered
451 Posts
pclear9061 said:

I agree with your assessment, Mr, Perfect; it does look stylish and somewhat menacing.:cool: It reminds me, in some respects, of the of the Ion Rally Concept.

How do you plan to implement the new design? Putting vinyl on the outside would be one option. For the more adventurous, I could envision opening up the assembly,painting the exposed surface and changing out the lamps and bulb housings. Here's a quick bit of MS Paint (I think that I may look into learning/acquiring Photoshop) to give you an idea of what the latter option might look like on your silver Ion (clear side markers at no extra cost;) ):

Thanks for the feedback and Best Regards!:)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
what are you talking about im gonna use pantyhose :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
pclear9061 said:
what are you talking about im gonna use pantyhose :p
If it works for you, and you're not harming anyone, then I say, "Go for it!" Personally, I'm thinking of changing the appearance of the headlights (although they look great stock) for purely cosmetic (i.e. non-lit) reasons, and not to increase the colour or intensity of the lights themselves. Did you ever end up posting any pictures of the synthetic mesh modification?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
which modification?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts