Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
That's a nice car, except personally I don't like the interior. To much blue and shiny colours. Personally I like subtle interior colours and shiny hard colours on the exterior but it is nice none the less.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I Couldnt Put Lambos On My Baby, I Dont Want Hinges Goin Out All The Time.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
actually the hinges on that car are amazing made and have not gone out yet, they use 2 pistons. and the whole kit was made from a weld on kit into a bolt on Kit by mark abate the owner of SCAP on Grand Island, NY.

Mark is a great guy who knows what he is doing, he was the first on to make a pillar mount gauge pod for our car. (mine) and when i took my car in and told him that there is not on out he just custom made me one and did not even charge me a arm and a leg.

That car is amazing and i can not wait untill i get to see it in person when i go home in the summer.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
navymitch12 said:
actually the hinges on that car are amazing made and have not gone out yet, they use 2 pistons. and the whole kit was made from a weld on kit into a bolt on Kit by mark abate the owner of SCAP on Grand Island, NY.
Mitch, you got contact info for this guy? Or know how much that lambo kit costs? Or a web site I can look at? PM me.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i do not believe he is selling the kit as of yet, but than again if u got the money anything is for sale. i do not really want to give out any info because he is just really a local shop but i will contact him for u if u are seriously intrested.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Personally, I think it looks ugly and way overdone. Then again I think show cars done like that are tacky.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
matt a agree to some point but some people like it and it gets the saturn name out there. And keep in mind it is not just a regular 2.2L it does have a supercharger on it.

here are some pics of the door hinges

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good Deal, I Just See Alot Of Cars With Them Shoot Shits After A While, Good To See Someone Is Doin It Proper.:)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea mark is not the kind of guy who i have known to do anything the cheap way as of yet. if anyone is seriously intrested drop me a PM and i will talk to him and get a price.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I am seriously interested in doing this conversion, let me know what kind of information you gather.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Mitch you owe me the right to be allowed for you to call and have him make me a set.

·
Registered
118 Posts
well to all you ION peeps i am the one who made the bolt on lambo kit for keith. it is the only bolt on kit i have seen for IONs. the kit started as a liteglow weld on kit, and with some modifications i made it a sweet bolt on kit. this kit will not blow out shocks like the other kits. it has 2 low power shocks not 1 high power ones. this means less stress on the seals and will last for years. the bolt on kits installed are 3000.00. the kit are make to every car, for the best fit. i would be interested in making kits for customer install if you can get 5 kits at one time,group buy.for around 1600.00 i can do this for any car also, so tell a friend. :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
wow I think I just found something new to save for I was always a sucker for lambo doors :) and for 1600 for a buy in I think there is a big chance that we can atleast I hope so

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
for that price you guys better be ready by june.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If this gets serious I will jump in for the group buy, I was going to e-mail them to find out about getting the door kit, looks like that was taken care of. If someone from Desired wants to PM me, that would be great.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts