Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ordered the small diamond for mine. Thanks for the lead BTW. I will get pics when I paint mine. Red Grill w/ Blue Ion RL

·
Registered
754 Posts
I bought the small diamond version it looks great.I also used different clips to install it.I did not like the ones that came with it the ones I bought are much easier to put on and fit so much better.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
How difficult is the small diamond to paint? Anyone know? Or have any tips on painting. I was just going to run to home depot and get some Rustolium primer and red paint. Anyone with a better idea?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am using Duplicolor Auto Spray. In flat black. I have my first coat on and am getting ready to do a second.

·
Registered
187 Posts
dipolley said:
How difficult is the small diamond to paint? Anyone know? Or have any tips on painting. I was just going to run to home depot and get some Rustolium primer and red paint. Anyone with a better idea?

just use spray paint, thats all i used for mine. primed and painted, do two coats of paint, and check to see if you covered every part of it

·
Registered
415 Posts
This actually works. Use barbeque paint. It's durable resistant to elements and is a nice flat black. I used in on my custom exhaust on my GP GTP (the muffler not tips).

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ok so does it only come with the center piece? the pictures were unclear on weather or not the side pieces are replaced or not.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dipolley said:
Ok so does it only come with the center piece? the pictures were unclear on weather or not the side pieces are replaced or not.

Only the center.

The sides need to be taken off then the Polymer behind it cut.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
dipolley said:
The grills in the link I posted come with the center and both side grills. I emailed customcargrills.com and this is what they said, "The complete center and side piece kit is $200 + shipping. It includes all new grill shells."

A bit pricey to me, but they sure look nice.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
jmonte345 said:
The grills in the link I posted come with the center and both side grills. I emailed customcargrills.com and this is what they said, "The complete center and side piece kit is $200 + shipping. It includes all new grill shells."
A bit pricey to me, but they sure look nice.
$200? A bit pricey for me right now. Maybe later. But it looks great. Maybe I can find another way to make it work.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xtremesc2 said:
looks good, but why didnt you just get a black one?

he made a black one for me....
I bought this from a friend who accidently ordered two.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xtremesc2 said:
looks very good, too bad u have that front plate on there tho.....is that required by law in ohio?
Of Course it is. Maybe the law will be repealed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts