Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hit a pot hole when i was driving and i broke my control arm, after i replaced that i took it for a drive and the cv shaft broke, i replaced it but it kept happening. since then i replaced the strut tower, and the tie rod end (the boot was ripped). when i take it for a drive it still has the problem of where the cv shaft is stretched and keeps popping out of place, not from the half shaft but where the knuckle is. what could be causing this problem?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It sounds like its not getting seated all the way in

·
Registered
3 Posts
i hit a pot hole when i was driving and i broke my control arm, after i replaced that i took it for a drive and the cv shaft broke, i replaced it but it kept happening. since then i replaced the strut tower, and the tie rod end (the boot was ripped). when i take it for a drive it still has the problem of where the cv shaft is stretched and keeps popping out of place, not from the half shaft but where the knuckle is. what could be causing this problem?
This same thing happened to me after I changed my clutch. I couldn't figure it out and eventually took it to a shop. He unbolted the sub-frame and engine mounts and re seated them both and it gave the right amount of clearance. Best I could figure is mine shifted when I removed the transmission.
I would check my transmission and motor mounts to make sure they are not broken and throwing it out of alignment. If you hit a pot hole hard enough to break the control arm it could have broken or shifted a mount as well. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This same thing happened to me after I changed my clutch. I couldn't figure it out and eventually took it to a shop. He unbolted the sub-frame and engine mounts and re seated them both and it gave the right amount of clearance. Best I could figure is mine shifted when I removed the transmission.
I would check my transmission and motor mounts to make sure they are not broken and throwing it out of alignment. If you hit a pot hole hard enough to break the control arm it could have broken or shifted a mount as well. Just my two cents.
that’s probably it, i’m going to do that sometime soon and i figure if that doesn’t fix it all the way i’m going to bring it into a shop to get an alignment and have them see if anything else is causing it. i’ve been needing an alignment pretty bad for a while anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts