Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! I can't get my car to pass emissions due to a cylinder misfire code that all of my mechanics cannot get clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What codes? What has been tried? What mods?
Hey. I just called the shop..he said it's not in front of him right now but he believes a P0300. He said it's a misfire code. We have changed spark plugs, o2 sensors and other measures. I can't remember all right now...I'm sorry..it's been ongoing for 2 years. I'm so tired of pouring money into this car.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
No other codes?

Put some fresh NGK 4644 plugs in, gapped to 0.035. Clean MAF and TB. Check for vacuum leaks.

Apart from that, it's gonna take some hard looking at the engine to see if there aren't some more serious issues, like internal damage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off is it always showing in the same cylinder? Next thing to check it look really close at the I think 4 wires going to the plug that plugs into the coils. There pretty small and I found one that was broke. If it’s not all the way broke and only has a couple strand of wire the coils won’t get the full amount if current it needs to give a good spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts