Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I bottomed out my intercooler on my 2004 saturn ion redline. it still seems to be functioning but I plan to replace it with a new one once I resolve the issue.

when It hit the driveway it bend back and broke my radiator which I had to replace

it hangs down too low I'm planning to buy the one off of ZZP to replace the damaged one it appears to be the exact same dimensions and will also hang down a little lower.

does anybody have any ideas for a solution to this issue? was thinking maybe I could find a way to mount it higher up on the frame. or get a skid plate to protect it?

andy ideas or advice are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
so I bottomed out my intercooler on my 2004 saturn ion redline. it still seems to be functioning but I plan to replace it with a new one once I resolve the issue.

when It hit the driveway it bend back and broke my radiator which I had to replace

it hangs down too low I'm planning to buy the one off of ZZP to replace the damaged one it appears to be the exact same dimensions and will also hang down a little lower.

does anybody have any ideas for a solution to this issue? was thinking maybe I could find a way to mount it higher up on the frame. or get a skid plate to protect it?

andy ideas or advice are appreciated.
Is the car lowered? We all deal with the issue, when you pull in go at an angle so one tire hits first it can help. Depending on the cooler you are looking at they all hang about the same and they kind of need to stay where they are for air intake purposes. Make sure your not getting the S3 cause that is a secondary not a primary HE. Can't do a skid plate you will block the air comming in from bottom. If the car is lowered its prolly on lowering springs that drop it too much. Mine is lowered and I never have issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts