Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2L engine and i'm having trouble finding anything about replacing my oil pan. I dinged it pretty bad and am leaking oil. What tools do I need and how would I go about removing it? Thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just basic hand tools, 10x easier on a lift but it can be done on the ground with just jack stands. Worst thing is the dipstick, then make sure you have GM grey sealant to put the new one on.

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
I don't know what the setup on the 2.2l engine is but I did this enough on the old 1.9's. If it's the same...That gasket maker stuff is a huge pain in the ass. Should be bolts going around the pan. You'll need a torque wrench as you don't want to over tighten. You pull the old one off. Clean up the surfaces and lay a bead of the gasket maker down. Then, place the pan and starting from the middle re-install the pan bolts working your way out towards the edge. Do a front one, then a back one and so on and so forth. You'll have to make sure the surfaces are dry and spotless or it'll find a way to leak. It's not a tough job, just super tedious.

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts