Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Why do you want to do that?

They are a good safety feature, plus IMHO they look pretty cool. :)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
but if he needs to be inconspicuous they are a nucience. Although they turn off when the Ebrake is up.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yes, if you are driving slow, you can bring your E-Brake (a.k.a. Hand Brake) up 1 notch (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME). Also, here in Canada all new cars MUST have day-time running lights. If a car made in 1995 or later is on the road w/o DTR, they can be ticketed. I'd check to see if your area has a similiar law.

·
Registered
683 Posts
SHouldnt there be a sensor atached to the e-brake . . . wait a tick, it is probibally the same on that the indicator in the instrument cluster uses . . . maybe, dunno, i guess check it out, pop off the center console and remove the boot so you can get a better look at what is goin on there. Maybe it is as easy as a cut and splice??

·
Registered
158 Posts
yeah im not a big fan of the running lamps either. its not exactly fun when your sneakin a 17 year old girl out of her house at 1130 with your bright ass orange lights lighting your path as you leave. im 19 by the way so dont think im some old perv haha

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Silv04RL said:
yeah im not a big fan of the running lamps either. its not exactly fun when your sneakin a 17 year old girl out of her house at 1130 with your bright ass orange lights lighting your path as you leave. im 19 by the way so dont think im some old perv haha

not to be nosey or anything umm well maybe a lil bit :p , but be careful, in Tx I believe the parents can have you arrested even though there is only 2 years' difference between the two of you. Have you tried removing the DRLs? I think you can pull on the emergency brake ever so slightly to keep them off as mentioned previously. I had a 97 Silverado with DRLs, I loved em. When I was going fast at night and would pass a cop, I would turn off my night lights and my DRLs were strong enough to light up the road for me w/out having my tail-lights on so "five-Oh" couldn't see where I went............... :cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
haha im not really worried about it, her parents bang the shit out each other everynight and theyre sound sleepers because of it. in PA age of consent is 16 so im fine.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Silv04RL said:
haha im not really worried about it, her parents bang the shit out each other everynight and theyre sound sleepers because of it. in PA age of consent is 16 so im fine.
Ok, that's just the wrong thing to read early on a Sunday morning...I would have a heart attack, if at a young age, I knew my parents had sex. My kids would be mortified in the same manner....ewww.

I put the Silverstar turn signal bulbs in my turn signals/DRLS - they look COOL - kind of a purple/gold eerie glow.

Oh, and if you're trying to sneak yoru girlfriend home late, just get up some speed and kill the engine - go into stealth mode - make sure you don't do what I did and turn the key all the way off and lock the column - a little stress there.

Or, drop her off a couple of houses down, and you don't have the lights and car sounds problem.

Or, get your ass in compliance and have that young lady home at the proper time, or I'll cut your nuts off and staple 'em to your forehead.

(Sorry, dad mode kicked in for a minute....)

·
Registered
786 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
Is there a way to turn off the daytime running lights?
This is simple. Find the limit switch connected to the e-brake, probably under the boot somewhere. Purchase another hazard dash switch and place it in the dummy spot on the dash. Wire it in parallel with the e-brake switch and then you can easily turn on and off the DRL when ever you like. :cool:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jim: (Sorry, dad mode kicked in for a minute....) Boy do I know what that is like. I have 3 girls; all are a Dad's worst nightmare: blonde, blue-eyed and big boobs. I am rapidly going bald! ;)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Catshreds said:
Jim: (Sorry, dad mode kicked in for a minute....) Boy do I know what that is like. I have 3 girls; all are a Dad's worst nightmare: blonde, blue-eyed and big boobs. I am rapidly going bald! ;)

How old are your daughters?? MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

Back to the original dilehma though, why not just make an honest woman of her?? hehe

·
Registered
681 Posts
Catshreds said:
Since we're not in a Disney forum, I'll relate two father-type stories that might help with the young men stalking your daughters.

First, Bill Engvald, the "Here's your sign" comedian who hangs out with Jeff Foxworthy, said a buy came to pick up his daughter for the prom. She was still upstairs getting ready (of course), so he had the young man sit next to him on the couch. He made direct eye contact and told him "that little girl you're going out with is my WORLD...I want you to know I have NO problem going back to prison.."

The other was when I was in 8th grade (Weimar, TX) and I asked this cute thing out to the 8th grade graduation dance. My mom drove me to her house to pick her up, I walked in with my baby blue suit (1978), and she was still getting ready (of course). Her dad, a 6'5", 350 lb body shop guy walked me to the couch and we sat down.

He told me he wanted us to have a good time, but to respect his daughter. I said "of course, sir, no problem".

He said "good, because if I hear you touched anything on her body besides her hand, I'll rip your fucking nuts off and staple them to your forehead."

I'm 41. That was 27 years ago. I remember like it was yesterday, and would still be scared to hug her or kiss her if I saw her today...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im great with parents, they all love me really, I have never really had problems with girls fathers mainly because im so freindly, and know what to talk about. Many people just lock up..and like "thats her dad..." but I like to talk to the parents, sometimes they give me funny stories about the girl haha.
Im 19 and I've gone out with younger and older girls..its just all who you meet. Moral of the story, not every guy is out to get your daughter, some of them are actually nice!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yes, but I was 16-19 once, too, and I know what I thought about constantly when I wasn't working on my car or sleeping...

No slack - none at all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Yes, but I was 16-19 once, too, and I know what I thought about constantly when I wasn't working on my car or sleeping...

No slack - none at all.
Its a little like having a fire hydant in front of your house, and evey little doggie in the neighborhood has to stop by and and check it out!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
TXRLU said:
How old are your daughters?? MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

Back to the original dilehma though, why not just make an honest woman of her?? hehe
20, 25 & 25....( twins, duh! )

·
Registered
703 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
Is there a way to turn off the daytime running lights?
In my last car (a Dodge Stratus) there was a fuse for the DTR kights. I haven't checked cause I like mine but look in there.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cole said:
In my last car (a Dodge Stratus) there was a fuse for the DTR kights. I haven't checked cause I like mine but look in there.

If I had a normal life and discretion was the Webster's definition for me, I would probably agree.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts