Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I was leaving my cousin's house and went to start my car and nothing on my dash was working. The lights on the needles don't work the speedometer doesn't work rmp gage doesn't work gas gage none of it. Blinkers work just no noise. Lights work inside and outside the car and keyless entry works as well just none of my gages. Checked the fuse thinking to check the simple thing first before the expensive stuff. Can you guys help me out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Clusters are pretty common to fail in gm vechiles. If the turn signel indicators still light up I would think it is probly plugged in and getting power. If you have a good scanner you can see if it can communicate with the IPC or if other modules are setting codes for a loss of communication with the IPC.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Check the connections behind instrument cluster... to get to it pull the silver bezel piece that surrounds the the radio and HVAC controls off. You grab the bottom and give it a good pull and it should pop right off.. under the instrument cluster more towards the edge there is one screw holding the cluster plastic shroud down.. remove screw and then you should be able to pull cluster plastic shroud that surrounds the cluster out.. two screws/ bolts hold the cluster in place.. 10mm if IIRC.. if connections are good check the BCM fuses.. I believe it sits under the car next to the rear axle beam slightly to the passenger side.. if you have blown fuse or the BCM you might have a short in the wiring somewhere.. if your BCM is bad take it to authorized GM dealer they are the only ones that can fix it

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check to make sure the cluster is seated properly.

Then check BCM fuses.

If everything checks fine, I'd check for a bad BCM.[/QUOT

Would the BCM fuses be in the same fuse box under the hood and about making sure the cluster is seated properly how would I check that?? I'm sorry I know I sound stupid but I'm trying to figure it out before bother my husband to chexk. He works 7 days a week and I know he is tired.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Check to make sure the cluster is seated properly.

Then check BCM fuses.

If everything checks fine, I'd check for a bad BCM.[/QUOT

Would the BCM fuses be in the same fuse box under the hood and about making sure the cluster is seated properly how would I check that?? I'm sorry I know I sound stupid but I'm trying to figure it out before bother my husband to chexk. He works 7 days a week and I know he is tired.
There are 2 fuse boxes.. one under the hood driver side..
One inside car passenger side... if you are sitting in the passenger seat it would be the panel next to your left foot it just pulls off... check all fuses..

follow my instructions above to get to cluster.. I know it sounds complicated but it should only take you about 10 minutes to do..
Your looking for the plugs in the back of the cluster to see if they are seated properly to the terminals..

The BCM
I have never actually done anything related to the BCM... but all the info I have found says is under the car near the rear axel.. I am not sure if any of the fuses for the BCM are located in any other fuse boxes or if the in the BCM

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
124 Posts
The BCM (body control module) and the I/P fuse block are the same part. That is the fuse box on the passenger side by your left foot. On the back of the panel you remove to get to the fuse box there will be a diagram of the fuse box and all the fuse locations. The ones that say “BCM” are the ones you want to check as previously mentioned.

·
Banned
2 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I was leaving my cousin's house and went to start my car and nothing on my dash was working. The lights on the needles don't work the speedometer doesn't work rmp gage doesn't work gas gage none of it. Blinkers work just no noise. Lights work inside and outside the car and keyless entry works as well just none of my gages. Checked the fuse thinking to check the simple thing first before the expensive stuff. Can you guys help me out.
Hello
Might be better to have your original part repaired at UpFix - We save you money on rebuilding your failed electronics!

Here is the service link

1 - 9 of 9 Posts