Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a badass one at the Saturn of Fort Worth Dealership.

It looked like brushed aluminum and covered all the trim pieces in the car including the center console in the back seat. However, the dealer wanted 375 dollars for it. :(

Anyone know where we can get a good dash kit for less?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I believe I read somehwhere in the past couple days that one of the Smith's had the brushed aluminum one. I wonder if they got it at the dealership. It's be something nice to dress up the interior a lil.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I had one of those kits on my last car. I found it to be kinda cheap looking after a while for the fact that the overlay would unstick in this TX heat. Plus it looks ok from a distance but get close and it loooks like a clearcoat piece of plastic.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cole said:
I had one of those kits on my last car. I found it to be kinda cheap looking after a while for the fact that the overlay would unstick in this TX heat. Plus it looks ok from a distance but get close and it loooks like a clearcoat piece of plastic.

Hmmmm.......I can see what you mean. Where can I get a dash kit that doesn't look cheap and won't drain my wallet? Is this even possible?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
www.wooddashkits.com i ordered many kits from them and they are awsome. a little more pricey but the finish is really nice. also about the not sticking......
clean the areas VERY GOOD WITH EITHER THE SOLUTION THEY GIVE YOU OR DENATURED ALCOHAL OR LAQUER THINNER. just be careful with the laquer cleaner on any plastic that is painted rub very lightly and not for to long as the paint will come off. i apply 30-40 of these type of kits every month and i never have problem with them lifting and i am in fl, we are just as hot if not hotter sometimes. as long as it gets cleaned right and you dont touch the tape when applying them they will be fine. even the cheap kits will stick really good as long as they have the red backed 3m tape on them. just decide on finish quality and of course the more you spend the better the finish usually with these kits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.