Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a kill as in a race but as in court. I got pulled over back on the 7th of May for passing in a non passing zone. But the thing is that it was a passing zone and I pled not guilty and got a court date set. Here is my post from before about this right after I got the ticket. http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2296.
I took some of the advice that I was given from that post (thanks to all of you). But it was a waste because after sitting there for 15-20min waiting for the cop to show up. The judge came to me and said that ticket was dismissed the day the cop turned it in. He said the cop claimed that he went back and looked at the road markings after he let me go and said that the road had been repainted since he last saw it and he didn't know they painted it as a passing zone. Well, you can easily tell that the road had not been painted for a long time so he must have just been trying to make a quota and used that as an excuse because he didn't want to look like a fool. He claimed he tried to call me and tell me that he dismissed the ticket. But said the number had been disconnected. I have had that number for years so I know I gave him the right number and it has never been disconnected. When I went in to plead not guilty they could have told me then but they didn’t. Then once they set the court date they should have seen it was dismissed. Should have sent me a letter saying it was dismissed instead of sending me a letter telling me when to appear in court. But no, I had to take a ½ days vacation to show up for court for a case where I was innocent. Just because the cop didn't know the road markings.
Now if I had went in, plead guilty and pay the fine. They would have took my money, added points to my licenses and went on about their business. I would have been out 100-200 bucks and my insurance would have gone up just because they didn’t know he dismissed the ticket the day he wrote it.

Sorry for the long post but cops piss me off all the time (getting by with the S*** they do) and in a case like this just makes it worse.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Atleast you were smart enough to know you were right and it ended up well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya know, you may not like cops in general but let me tell you, he could have gone in there and nailed you and you WOULD have paid my friend. Instead, as you mentioned, "the cop claimed that he went back and looked at the road markings after he let me go and said that the road had been repainted since he last saw it and he didn't know they painted it as a passing zone." From what you said he did this the day the ticket was written. He did the honest thing because it was the right thing to do, not because your cornered him in court.

In fact, I would lay odds that there have been more then a time or two you WERE speeding- all of us have done that at least a few times. We would not have bought a RL if we couldn't push it once in a while.

So lighten up and consider yourself lucky.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I hope you get robbed one day only so the cop say Oh wait I met my quota have a nice fucking day. People who hate cops are people who consistantly do shit wrong. Those are the people who should get stolen from instead of people who do what they are suppose to. Just remember that if any one ever vandilizes your ride or robs your house dont call the cops because you wouldnt call someone you hate to find your stuff would you?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Damn; Goofyguy. Tell him how you really feel! :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Barry said:
Damn; Goofyguy. Tell him how you really feel! :eek:

I thought I did.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I mentioned about a ticket that I got before. The day I went turned out to be a warning. I was really lucky that I didn't have to pay nothing. But why did the police officer that pulled me over said for me to go to court?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
goofyguy said:
I hope you get robbed one day only so the cop say Oh wait I met my quota have a nice fucking day. People who hate cops are people who consistantly do shit wrong. Those are the people who should get stolen from instead of people who do what they are suppose to. Just remember that if any one ever vandilizes your ride or robs your house dont call the cops because you wouldnt call someone you hate to find your stuff would you?
dude **** that, I had a fucken dude shove a SKS in my face one night while delivering pizzas. The cops didn't do SHIT!! said it was his word against mine. I guess the guy would have had to shoot me in order for it to be something the cop could arrest him for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
clownhair said:
dude **** that, I had a fucken dude shove a SKS in my face one night while delivering pizzas. The cops didn't do SHIT!! said it was his word against mine. I guess the guy would have had to shoot me in order for it to be something the cop could arrest him for.
That is why I feel about cops the way I do, I don't really hate them but I know a lot of people I like better. You trust the law untill the screw you more than they help!

goofyguy said:
I have had a lot of property damage from a drunk neighbor and the city cops claimed that there was nothing they can do about it. He told me that while he was sitting there in my driveway watching him. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were drinking buddies. But he was on the job and should been doing his job. Then there was another case when I was in an accident (not my fault) and it took the cops 1½hrs to get there , police station less than 10 min away. So where were they when I needed them. As for the robbery I had a wallet stolden once and I was told (from the cop) the best thing I can do is cancel my credit cards, they didn't want to file a report untill I keept after them. Do I need to go on? That is why I ignore them as much as possible and don't call them! If I were to call them it will just to be put on record and not for expecting help.

mi redline.
I do consider my self lucky but I could have been notified so I didn't have to take time off work. He's the law he should have known the road markings before he pulled me over. And yes I have been above the speed limit and done other minor things (every one has) but I try obeying the laws as much as possible, I am not the one out causing real crimes and getting by with it. And besides I see cops in the wrong all the time, but that's OK for them because they are the law.<----Thats what pisses me off most.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
In your case, Dave, I'd be pissed at the cop for being lazy, but don't use sweeping generalizations to say that you hate all cops; most cops are good people who do their jobs; I've met more than enough of them. The fact of the matter is the system in place now with the courts & the police departments is the real problem. Sorry to hear about your problem though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
police officers are people too, some are cool, some aren't.
just remember that they will most often treat you as you treat them,
so be nice, it wil pay off in the long run!
first impressions happen only once.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
In your case, Dave, I'd be pissed at the cop for being lazy, but don't use sweeping generalizations to say that you hate all cops; most cops are good people who do their jobs; I've met more than enough of them. The fact of the matter is the system in place now with the courts & the police departments is the real problem. Sorry to hear about your problem though.
I don't "hate all cops". More like dislike alot some of them, hate is a harsh word. I "hate" people like Hitler & child molesters. Maybe sometime a cop will actually be some help to me and I can change my attitude a little. I know a few cops and have talked to many, some of which I like and don't like. It just seams that I run across more that I don't care for. Which is why I try not to do anything to attract their attention. I like everyone until they give me a reason not to. So I have nothing against a cop until he does something stupid and that go to anyone regardless of occupation.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Thats a much better outlook then most. As a child of 2 and future cop I would only do what the job tells me. As for some of them being dicks that is true I dont know how they get thier jobs. But remember they dont have quotas. I dont care how much you try to convince yourself it does not exist. If they did they would pull over anything moving the first part of the month and take a nap the rest.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My Rant

The always controversial subject of law enforcement! remember the old days when police officers would actually serve and protect? vaguely maybe?
I have several disagreements with the actions I see police taking where I live (the great state of washington) for example: last year my wife has a blowout on the freeway, tire was shredded, she felt like it would be unsafe to change the tire out on the freeway, and as she was sitting there decided to walk the rest of the way as it was only a mile or so until her exit. So during the time elapsed she counted two cops drive by oblivious to her plight while no less than THREE strange men in work trucks pulled over to offer her a ride!(my wife is hot by the way ;) ) She eventually did accept a ride (from a total stranger) because the guy seemed friendly she told me.
I've heard countless stories like this one.
Here's a police policy which I VEHEMENTLY disagree and admonish the Wa. state patrol to cease immediately. What you may ask? UNMARKED vehicles!! this is dishonest,decieving, and entrapment to boot! would'nt be a whole lot smarter and safer (this is where that protect word comes in) to drive MARKED vehicles. Their very presence and visiblilty strongly affects peoples driving habits! For instance I certainly would think twice before speeding past a cop!
Another real threat is people disguising themselves as cops to pull someone innocent over, get them out of their vehicle, then proceed to rob, rape, murder, etc. as they please. If anyone thinks that is an exaguration, maybe you remember the killer known as the hillside strangler (a movie was made about him) who was finally apprehended in Bellingham, Wa. after brutally killing several women by impersonating a police officer to get the women out of the car and vulnerable.
Remember when serve and protect meant something...? :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts