Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a simple way to remove the daytime running lights? I could built a cut out for them,but that would take time. I have searched the forum but havent found anything. thanks.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
short answer, no.

the DRLs are also your turn signals and both are commanded by the BCM. no one has cracked the BCM in order to disable the DRLs.

having led a group of redlines down the road a few times, i have to say that they do look pretty agressive with the DRLs on.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
no. there is not.

the only way to do it would be to run signal wires from the rear turn signals back up to the front turn signals and disconnect the fronts from the BCM. however, this would change the total circuit resistance, resulting in the annoying very fast blink.

you can check my thread on how to do side marker turn signals for the wiring diagram.

there isn't even a fuse or relay you can pull.

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
On my old sl I put a switch on the e-brake line and on the chime, but there was still another reason it was no good, besides the brake light. I can't remember, it was a while ago, but the car wasn't happy thinking the brake was set. I did enjoy the lack of the annoying chime though.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
i think the chime is built into the instrument cluster on these cars.

there is a way to do it, it's just more complicated than i care to explain.

for hints, you can see my two how-to's...one about sidemarker turn signals and the other about led's in the mirrors

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
ah! now there's the trick, now isn't it?

no, i used a relay for each side to make the side markers blink opposite to the turn signals. that way, they're off with the DRLs on, and on with the parking lights or headlights, just like they're supposed to be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SUCCESS!! I have removed my DRL without chimes without ebrake light. It was easy. 10 OHM resistor to simulate light and run to ground.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes my turn signals work. I would also like to thank the golden chicken for leading the way. My last post was a quick one, sorry. I brought a wire from the TS to the light from Comp, and then used the resistor to simulate light, with the other side of the DRL wire.

·
Registered
650 Posts
sorry for bringing back such an old thread but i would also like a wiring diagram if you could post one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts